BTN Communications, November 4, 2021
Big Ten basketball season tips off on Tuesday, and the Big Ten Network today announced its on-air talent and programming lineup for the 2021-22 season.
Surrounding nearly 200 men's and women's games, including Super Wednesday doubleheaders, will be a loaded lineup of studio and original programming including:
- B1G Basketball and Beyond - Airing Sunday nights and covering the latest Big Ten Basketball news with highlights and analysis
- The Journey: Big Ten Basketball - On Wednesday nights beginning in January, the Emmy-nominated Journey returns for its 13th season and takes viewers behind the scenes with compelling stories from an assortment Big Ten basketball personalities
- The B1G Story: Naz Hillmon Story - Premiering on Jan. 4, The B1G Story highlights the illustrious career of Michigan women's basketball player and reigning Big Ten Player of the Year, Naz Hillmon.
- Basketball in 60 - 60-minute cutdowns of the top men's and women's basketball games will air weekly throughout the season
- Women's Sports Report - A 30-minute studio show highlighting the results and storylines across the Big Ten landscape, including women's basketball
Surrounding men's and women's games on the Big Ten Network will be a mix of new and familiar voices with deep knowledge of the Big Ten Conference.
Three former Big Ten standouts join the network this year as analysts, with Rapheal Davis (Purdue), Joshua Langford (Michigan State) and Trent Meacham (Illinois) offering their perspectives and analysis. The Big Ten Network's returning analysts are headlined by Robbie Hummel, Stephen Bardo, Shon Morris, Len Elmore, Andy Katz and Mike DeCourcy, with Brian Butch, Jess Settles, and Nick Bahe also assisting.
Men's basketball play-by-play responsibilities will be split between Kevin Kugler, Brandon Gaudin, Dave Revsine and Cory Provus, with newcomers Jason Ross and Telly Hughes, Jeff Levering, Lisa Byington and Jason Horowitz also contributing.
On the women's side, Purdue legend Stephanie White rejoins the network as an analyst while Sloane Martin comes on board as the lead play-by-play voice. Women's basketball play-by-play duties will be handled by Martin, Mike Hall, Chris Vosters and Matt Schumacker.
This season's analysts include Christy Winters-Scott, White, Meghan McKeown, Autumn Johnson and Jantel Lavender. Winters-Scott and White will also call several men's games throughout the season.
Digital Coverage of Big Ten Basketball
- B1G+: For access to men's and women's games streamed exclusively on B1G+, as well as next day on-demand archives, as well as the Big Ten Network's library of previous season classics and originally programming, fans can subscribe here. Monthly school passes are $9.95 per month, while a full-season basketball pass (men's and women's) is $54.99 for the entire year.
- Social Media Platforms: