Tom Dienhart, BTN.com Senior Writer, November 12, 2017
Wisconsin clinched the West Division title. Who will the Badgers meet in the Big Ten title game? It could be the new No. 2 team, Ohio State, which controls its destiny in the East.
[ MORE: Week 11 video | Best of Week 11 | Week 11 predictions revisited ]
See my latest Big Ten Power Rankings, presented by ArcelorMittal, below.
1. Wisconsin (10-0, 7-0). The Badgers flexed for the College Football Playoff committee by dominating Iowa. Just keep on winning, Bucky. It will all be OK.
Last week: 1
Up next: Michigan
2. Ohio State (8-2, 6-1). What a difference a week makes, as the Buckeyes show their potential in a dominating victory vs. previously hot Michigan State.
Last week: 3
Up next: Illinois
3. Michigan State (7-3, 5-2). The wheels came off in a loss at Ohio State, but that doesn?t diminish the work Dantonio and Co., are doing this season.
Last week: 2
Up next: Maryland
4. Penn State (8-2, 5-2). The two-game losing streak is over, but the Nittany Lions still have issues up front on offense. They struggle to run the ball.
Last week: 4
Up next: Nebraska
5. Northwestern (7-3, 5-2). The Wildcats didn?t need OT this week to take care of business. That?s five wins in a row for NU.
Last week: 5
Up next: Minnesota
6. Michigan (8-2, 5-2). The Wolverines can beat who they are supposed to beat; time to beat someone they aren?t supposed to.
Last week: 7
Up next: at Wisconsin
7. Iowa (6-4, 3-4). A week after crushing Ohio State, the Hawkeyes looked inept in losing at Wisconsin, which clinched the Big Ten West.
Last week: 6
Up next: Purdue
8. Rutgers (4-6, 3-4). The improvement the Scarlet Knights have made is apparent with each passing week. Kudos to Chris Ash.
Last week: 8
Up next: at Indiana
9. Indiana (4-6, 1-6). The Hoosiers tallied their first Big Ten win of the season. Win the last two games, and IU is headed to a bowl again.
Last week: 12
Up next: Rutgers
10. Minnesota (5-5, 2-5). The Golden Gophers are coming off their most impressive win of the season in a demolition of Nebraska.
Last week: 13
Up next: at Northwestern
11. Nebraska (4-6, 3-4). The loss at Minnesota was brutal. You wonder if the Huskers will win again this season.
Last week: 9
Up next: at Penn State
12. Purdue (4-6, 2-4). The offensive struggles continue for the Boilermakers. That success in September seems like eons ago.
Last week: 10
Up next: at Iowa
13. Maryland (4-6, 2-5). The Terrapins started their fourth different QB in the loss to Michigan. That?s how this season has gone.
Last week: 11
Up next: at Michigan State
14. Illinois (2-8, 0-7). That?s eight losses in a row for the Fighting Illini, whose offense struggles for consistency-especially in the run game.
Last week: 14
Up next: at Ohio State