Tom Dienhart, BTN.com Senior Writer, October 25, 2015
It?s still Ohio State?s world. And we are just living in it.
[ MORE: Best of Week 8 | Week 8 scoreboard | Power Rankings | Bowl Projections | Mailbag | Latest polls | Week 8 picks revisited | What Tom Dienhart learned | Dienhart: Nebraska's often-painful ride continues | Big Ten standings | Big Ten stats ]
The Buckeyes, fresh off their dominant 49-7 victory at Rutgers, remain atop my Big Ten Power Rankings, presented by ArcelorMittal.
See my latest list below:
1. Ohio State (8-0, 4-0). Now, THIS is what the No. 1 team in the nation is supposed to look like. That's a nation's best 21 consecutive wins, if you're counting at home.
Last week: 1
Up next: vs. Minnesota, Nov. 7
|POWER RANKINGS PRESENTED BY|
2. Michigan State (8-0, 4-0). The Spartans keep playing with fire and not getting burned. But how long can this go on?
Last week: 2
Up next: at Nebraska, Nov. 7
3. Michigan (5-2, 2-1). Pardon the Wolverines if they are still stunned by that walk-off loss to Michigan State.
Last week: 3
Up next: at Minnesota
4. Iowa (7-0, 3-0). The Hawkeyes? pursuit of perfect will continue vs. Maryland. Will anyone in the West catch Iowa?
Last week: 4
Up next: vs. Maryland
5. Wisconsin (6-2, 3-1). Joel Stave goes down? No problem. Bart Houston steps in and the Badgers continue to cruise despite myriad obstacles.
Last week: 5
Up next: vs. Rutgers
6. Northwestern (6-2, 2-2). The Wildcats got back on track after that two-game swoon. In fact, the offense looked pretty good at Nebraska.
Last week: 6
Up next: vs. Penn State, Nov. 7
7. Penn State (6-2, 3-1). James Franklin never is going to apologize for a win-no matter how dicey it may have been.
Last week: 9
Up next: vs. Illinois
8. Illinois (4-3, 1-2). There just isn?t enough speed on this offense, a fact not helped by injury, but the team plays hard and smart.
Last week: 7
Up next: at Penn State
9. Nebraska (3-5, 1-3). That?s five losses, the most the Cornhuskers have suffered since 2007 when Bill Callahan was coach.
Last week: 8
Up next: at Purdue
Nebraska's five losses this season are by a combined 13 points (5, 3, 1, 2, 2). pic.twitter.com/NsdhyBAdYI— Brent Yarina (@BTNBrentYarina) October 24, 2015
10. Rutgers (3-4, 1-3). The Scarlet Knights got a chance to see what the No. 1 team in the nation looks like. And it was painful.
Last week: 10
Up next: at Wisconsin
11. Minnesota (4-3, 1-2). The Gophers got to take a deep breath during a bye week ? exhale ? and realize Michigan, Ohio State and Iowa are up next.
Last week: 11
Up next: vs. Michigan
12. Indiana (4-4, 0-4). Here is all you need to know: The Hoosiers have been outscored 46-0 in the fourth quarter the last two weeks.
Last week: 12
Up next: vs. Iowa, Nov. 7
13. Maryland (2-5, 0-3). The Terps showed a lot of life A.E. (After Edsall). This team will win again in 2015.
Last week: 13
Up next: at Iowa
14. Purdue (1-6, 0-3). The Boilermakers got a ?win? in the bye week with the announcement of a $60 million football facility.
Last week: 14
Up next: vs. Nebraska
And if you want to leave a comment on this post, use the box below. All comments need to be approved by a moderator.</strong