Brent Yarina, BTN.com Senior Editor, October 14, 2013
It's a new week, which means it's time to release my latest Big Ten Player Rankings. This week, a pair of Badgers top the list following standout performances in the team's rout over Northwestern. View my latest Big Ten Player Rankings in this post. Who did I miss?
1. Melvin Gordon, RB, Wisconsin. Here's all you need to know about Gordon: His yard-per-carry is under 10 for the first time this season. In case you forgot, we're heading into Week 8.
Last week: No. 1
Week 7 stats: 22 car., 172 yards, 1 TD
2013 stats: 90 car., 870 yards, 8 TD
2. Chris Borland, LB, Wisconsin. In a conference loaded with talented linebackers, Borland's been the best, the most productive, the most versatile, and the most consistent.
Last week: No. 4
Week 7 stats: 10 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 BU, 1 sack
2013 stats: 56 tackles, 3 TFL, 2 sack
3. Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State. You saw the catch, right? You know, the one where Robinson jumped to the sky to help Penn State rally vs. previously unbeaten Michigan? Watch it below.
Last week: No. 3
Week 7 stats: 5 rec., 84 yards
2013 stats: 43 rec., 705 yards, 5 TD
4. Ameer Abdullah, RB, Nebraska. Take a look at Abdullah's rushing totals through the first six games: 114; 114; 98; 139; 225; 126. That's what they call consistency.
Last week: No. 5
Week 7 stats: 20 car., 126 yards, 1 TD; 2 rec., 7 yards
2013 stats: 114 car., 816 yards, 6 TD; 14 rec., 137 yards
5. Shilique Calhoun, DE, Michigan State. Don't look at the tackles when it comes to Calhoun. This guy is all about rushing the passer, and there's none better in the Big Ten.
Last week: No. 2
Week 7 stats: 1 tackle, 1 sack, 1 TFL, 1 QBH
2013 stats: 11 tackles, 5.5 TFL, 3 sacks, 13 QBH, 1 INT, 3 FR, 3 TD
Next 5: Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio State; Jared Abbrederis, WR, Wisconsin; Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State; Jack Mewhort, T, Ohio State; Taylor Lewan, T, Michigan.
|About Brent Yarina||BTN.com senior editor Brent Yarina covers football and men's basketball for BTN.com. He writes the popular uniform feature "Clothes Call," which also focuses on the latest cosmetic changes across Big Ten arenas and stadiums. Read all of his work here. You can subscribe to Yarina's RSS feed and follow him on Twitter @BTNBrentYarina.|