Brent Yarina, BTN.com Senior Editor, June 12, 2012
Jeff Goodman, of CBSSports.com, posted his top non-conference contests for the 2012-13 campaign Tuesday, and the Big Ten is all over the 55-game list. In fact, the Big Ten is involved in three of the top 5 games, highlighted by North Carolina at Indiana, at No. 2, and 10 of the top 25. In all, 14 Big Ten contests make the cut. See the entire list here and view all the Big Ten games in this post.
[Follow Jeff Goodman on Twitter: @GoodmanCBS]
Big Ten game on the list
2. North Carolina at Indiana – Nov. 27
4. Kansas vs. Michigan State – Nov. 13
5. Kansas at Ohio State – Dec. 22
6. Ohio State at Duke – Nov. 28
12. North Carolina State at Michigan – Nov. 27
15. Ohio State vs. Marquette – Nov. 9
17. Wisconsin at Florida – Nov. 14
20. Indiana vs. Butler – Dec. 15
21. Wisconsin at Marquette – Dec. 8
25. Texas at Michigan State – Dec. 22
33. Michigan State at Miami – Nov. 28
34. Minnesota at Florida State – Nov. 27
37. Michigan vs. West Virginia – Dec. 15
49. Wisconsin at California – Dec. 2
Games by Big Ten teams
3: Michigan State, Ohio State, Wisconson
2: Indiana, Michigan
First impression: Can't argue with North Carolina at Indiana leading the way for the Big Ten and coming in at No. 2 overall, behind only reigning national champ Kentucky playing at instate foe Louisville.
Game ranked too high: Michigan State at Miami (No. 33) – I get it, the ACC/Big Ten Challenge is a big event. But I'm not so sure this game is any better than, say, Michigan taking on John Beilein's former school West Virginia, which is ranked four slots lower.
Game ranked too low: Indiana vs. Butler (No. 20) – These instate rivals face off for the second consecutive year, this time at Bankers Life Fieldhouse. Brad Stevens figures to have an improved Bulldog team in 2012-13, and we all know that many experts are predicting the Hoosiers to be ranked No. 1 next season.
Brent Yarina is a web editor and blogger for BTN.com. Find all of his work here and follow him on twitter at @BTNBrentYarina.