BigTen.org, February 26, 2018
The Big Ten office released its final weekly honors for the 2017-18 men's basketball season Monday.
The winners: Purdue's Carsen Edwards (player of the week) and Wisconsin's Brad Davison (freshman of the week).
Read more about each player's week below.
Player of the Week: Carsen Edwards, Purdue, G
- Averaged 29.0 points, 5.0 assists, 4.5 rebounds and went 17-of-31 (.548) from the field, including 7-of-14 (.500) from 3-point range, last week in victories over Illinois and Minnesota
- Scored a career-high 40 points at Illinois on Thursday, the most for a Purdue sophomore since 1993 and the most for a Purdue guard since 1970
- Added 18 points with seven assists, four rebounds, three steals and two blocked shots in a win over Minnesota on Sunday
- Earns his second career Big Ten Player of the Week honor
- Last Purdue Player of the Week: Vincent Edwards (Jan. 29, 2018)
Freshman of the Week: Brad Davison, Wisconsin, G
- Averaged 18.0 points, 3.3 assists and 3.0 rebounds in three contests last week
- Recorded with 19 points and matched career highs in 3-pointers (five) and steals (four) in a win over Minnesota
- Scored a career-high 30 points, grabbed three boards and dished out two assists against Michigan State on Sunday, becoming the first Wisconsin freshman with a 30-point game since 1996
- Earns his second Big Ten Freshman of the Week honor
- Last Wisconsin Freshman of the Week: Brad Davison (Nov. 27, 2017)