Sean Merriman, BTN.com web editor, June 19, 2015
The 2015 NBA Draft is fast approaching.
As we get ready for the big night Thursday, let's have some fun by considering the best of the Big Ten's draft-eligible players.
Who is most likely to win a dunk contest? The rebounding title? Score 30 points in a game next season?
See my answers below.
1. Most likely to win an NBA Dunk Contest: Sam Thompson, Ohio State
This guy is a human highlight film. Need proof? Just check out the video below.
2. Most likely to win an NBA rebounding title: Branden Dawson, Michigan State
Dawson is a rebounding machine. At just 6-6, he led the Big Ten in rebounding this past season, pulling down an eye-popping 9.1 boards per game.
3. Most likely to lock down Stephen Curry: Shannon Scott, Ohio State
This guy is a lock-down defender who often drew the assignment of shutting down opposing teams' best scorers.
4. Most likely to score 30 points in a game during his rookie season: Frank Kaminsky, Wisconsin
The 2014-15 National Player of the Year scored 25-or-more points on 10 separate occasions during his college career, including a 43-point outburst against North Dakota in his junior season.
5. Most likely to win an NBA 3-point contest: Travis Trice, Michigan State
Trice shot lights-out during his senior season, especially at the end of the year. The sharp-shooting point guard hit 15 3-pointers in this year's NCAA Tournament.
6. Most likely to play in an NBA All-Star game in three years: D'Angelo Russell, Ohio State
The former Buckeye standout was an All-American in his freshman season and is expected to be a top-five selection in Thursday's NBA Draft. This guy is a future star.
7. Most likely to be on the cover of a GQ magazine: Sam Dekker, Wisconsin
To be on a magazine cover, you have to be well-known and care about your looks. Well, check out this feature.
Note: Follow us on Twitter, @BigTenNetwork, as former Purdue standout Robbie Hummel will be doing a "BTN Twitter Takeover" during Thursday night's NBA Draft.