Brent Yarina, BTN.com Senior Editor, May 18, 2015
The 2015 Big Ten Baseball Tournament opens Wednesday morning at Target Field, home of the Minnesota Twins.
[ MORE: View our Big Ten tournament central page ]
Eight teams made the five-day, double-elimination tourney, which can feature as many as 15 games. Find out how to watch every game.
Big Ten regular-season champ and No. 1 seed Illinois, which has won a program-record 26 consecutive games, and back-to-back tourney champ and No. 6 seed Indiana highlight a loaded field.
Before the action starts Wednesday, here's a look at my favorite uniforms that we could see over the five-day event in Minneapolis.
1. Michigan State throwbacks. These are perfect. Absolutely perfect. Only complaint: The Spartans should wear the look more often.
The Spartans and Illini go at it again today - 1 p.m. at McLane Stadium! pic.twitter.com/sbhWlumUBf— Michigan St Baseball (@statebaseball) March 29, 2015
2. Indiana throwbacks. The three-quarter length sleeves and the old-school number font make this is a one-of-a-kind design.
3. Michigan throwbacks. You know what baseball uniforms lack these days? The old team-color waistband. The stirrups are icing on the cake.
4. Nebraska throwbacks. Yes, I'm a big fan of throwbacks. It's hard to find a single thing to complain about here.
5. Indiana home pullover. A vast majority of uniforms are button downs, but Indiana's design should make more teams want to go button-less. Got to love the Indiana script, too.
The best of the rest, listed in alphabetical order of school:
Here's another look at today's jerseys.— Michigan St Baseball (@statebaseball) May 2, 2015
30 minutes until first pitch! pic.twitter.com/LUu4KVMEq8