Frank Kaminsky, Shannon Scott share weekly Big Ten men's hoops honors
The Big Ten office released its latest Big Ten Men’s Basketball Players of the Week on Monday. See the honorees in this post.
Co-Players of the Week: Shannon Scott, Ohio State, G, Sr.
- Averaged 15.0 assists, 9.5 points and 2.5 steals per game and shot 57.1 percent in leading Ohio State to wins over Marquette and Sacred Heart
- For the week, posted an assist/turnover ratio of 6.0 (30 assists and five turnovers), while accounting for 50 percent of the Buckeyes’ offensive output
- Against Marquette, scored eight points, handed out 14 assists and swiped two steals
- Chipped in 11 points, dished out 16 assists, the fourth-most in Big Ten history, pulled down five rebounds and tallied three steals versus Sacred Heart
- His 30 assists over the two-game stretch marked an Ohio State record
- Currently leads the nation with 13.7 assists per game
- Earns his first career Big Ten Player of the Week honor
- Last Ohio State Player of the Week: Aaron Craft (Feb. 10, 2014)
More Big Ten coverage
Get our favorite Big Ten basketball links.
Frank Kaminsky, Wisconsin, F, Sr.
- Averaged 23.0 points, 10.0 rebounds, 5.0 blocks and 1.5 steals per game on 73.1 percent shooting in the Badgers’ wins over Green Bay and Boise State
- Against Green Bay, recorded the fifth double-double of his career with 20 points and a career-high 15 rebounds, while posting a career-high seven blocks, the most among Big Ten players this season
- Poured in 26 points on 11-of-13 shooting, including four three-pointers, pulled down five rebounds, recorded three blocks and tallied two steals against Boise State
- Currently ranks second in the Big Ten in both rebounds (10.3 rpg) and blocks (2.8 bpg)
- Earns his third career Big Ten Player of the Week honor
- Last Wisconsin Player of the Week: Frank Kaminsky (Feb. 17, 2014)
Freshman of the Week: James Blackmon Jr., Indiana, G, Fr.
- Averaged 22.0 points and 6.0 rebounds per game in the Hoosiers’ wins over Texas Southern, #22/23 SMU and Lamar
- For the week, shot 54.1 percent from the field (20-of-37) and 61.9 percent (13-of-21) from three-point range
- Scored 19 points on 7-of-12 shooting, including a trio of three-pointers, and pulled down five rebounds against Texas Southern
- Poured in 26 points, bolstered by five three-pointers and a 7-of-7 effort from the free throw line, and added seven rebounds versus SMU
- Chipped in 21 points on 6-of-10 shooting, including a 5-of-7 effort from three-point range, and pulled down six rebounds against Lamar
- Earns his first Freshman of the Week honor
- Last Indiana Freshman of the Week: Troy Williams (March 10, 2014)