BTN.com staff, November 24, 2014
The Big Ten office released its latest Big Ten Men's Basketball Players of the Week on Monday. See the honorees in this post.
Co-Players of the Week: Shannon Scott, Ohio State, G, Sr.
- Averaged 15.0 assists, 9.5 points and 2.5 steals per game and shot 57.1 percent in leading Ohio State to wins over Marquette and Sacred Heart
- For the week, posted an assist/turnover ratio of 6.0 (30 assists and five turnovers), while accounting for 50 percent of the Buckeyes' offensive output
- Against Marquette, scored eight points, handed out 14 assists and swiped two steals
- Chipped in 11 points, dished out 16 assists, the fourth-most in Big Ten history, pulled down five rebounds and tallied three steals versus Sacred Heart
- His 30 assists over the two-game stretch marked an Ohio State record
- Currently leads the nation with 13.7 assists per game
- Earns his first career Big Ten Player of the Week honor
- Last Ohio State Player of the Week: Aaron Craft (Feb. 10, 2014)
Frank Kaminsky, Wisconsin, F, Sr.
- Averaged 23.0 points, 10.0 rebounds, 5.0 blocks and 1.5 steals per game on 73.1 percent shooting in the Badgers' wins over Green Bay and Boise State
- Against Green Bay, recorded the fifth double-double of his career with 20 points and a career-high 15 rebounds, while posting a career-high seven blocks, the most among Big Ten players this season
- Poured in 26 points on 11-of-13 shooting, including four three-pointers, pulled down five rebounds, recorded three blocks and tallied two steals against Boise State
- Currently ranks second in the Big Ten in both rebounds (10.3 rpg) and blocks (2.8 bpg)
- Earns his third career Big Ten Player of the Week honor
- Last Wisconsin Player of the Week: Frank Kaminsky (Feb. 17, 2014)
Freshman of the Week: James Blackmon Jr., Indiana, G, Fr.
- Averaged 22.0 points and 6.0 rebounds per game in the Hoosiers' wins over Texas Southern, #22/23 SMU and Lamar
- For the week, shot 54.1 percent from the field (20-of-37) and 61.9 percent (13-of-21) from three-point range
- Scored 19 points on 7-of-12 shooting, including a trio of three-pointers, and pulled down five rebounds against Texas Southern
- Poured in 26 points, bolstered by five three-pointers and a 7-of-7 effort from the free throw line, and added seven rebounds versus SMU
- Chipped in 21 points on 6-of-10 shooting, including a 5-of-7 effort from three-point range, and pulled down six rebounds against Lamar
- Earns his first Freshman of the Week honor
- Last Indiana Freshman of the Week: Troy Williams (March 10, 2014)