BTN Communications, July 30, 2013
The second annual BTN Big10K is in the books! More than 13,000 runners from 47 states and five countries registered. Runners were greeted by a cool morning, with temperatures in the low 60s.
To steal a phrase used frequently by our own Dave Revsine, here's the BTN Big10K by the numbers:
- 29:06 – Winning time of top 10K finisher Patrick Cheptoek and a 4:42-minute-mile pace.
- 34:03 – Winning time of top female 10K finisher Stephanie Pezzullo, a Penn State grad.
- 9,623 – Runners from the great state of Illinois.
- 1,106 – Runners from the state of Michigan (the only other state with more than 1,000 runners). Indiana, Wisconsin and Ohio rounded out the rest of the top five
- 1 – Couples who got engaged on stage during the festivities.
- 16,000 – Size of the Fan Fest crowd at its peak and the number of Sausages by AmyLu consumed.
- 3 – Runners from Canada, along with 2 from the United Kingdom, 1 from Ireland, 2 from Spain, and 1 from The Netherlands.
- 10 – Big Ten mascots in attendance, including Rutgers? Scarlet Knight and Maryland's mascot, Testudo, joining Herbie, Herky, Goldy, Willie, Brutus, Sparty, Purdue Pete and Bucky.
- 5 – the number of spirit awards given out, including Most Spirited Male, Female, Group, Couple and Best Split Fan.
- And finally, 3 – Next year's BTN Big10K, which will be our third. Visit BTNBig10K.com for the latest information and upcoming dates.