Brent Yarina, BTN.com Senior Editor, June 22, 2012
The Big House, as the name indicates and we all know, is rather big. So, naturally, it takes a lot of money to keep the nation's largest football stadium in tip-top shape. A routine paint-job is no exception. According to AnnArbor.com's Kellie Woodhouse, Michigan, if approved, will spend $6 million to repaint Michigan Stadium. Yes, that's a six, with six zeros after it.
[AnnArbor.com: Paint the Big House? U-M's Brandon announces $200 million construction agenda]
If approved, according to AnnArbor.com, the project would begin in February. The impressive part: this is just one of several items listed in AD David Brandon's recently announced $200 million construction agenda.
Here's a list of other future projects, courtesy of AnnArbor.com:
- $4 million to replace scoreboards
- $9.5 million to renovate the field hockey facility
- $3 million to expand its softball facility for $3 million.
- $12 million for a lacrosse locker room and facility project
- $25 million to build rowing and strength and conditioning facility
- $90 million to build indoor and outdoor track facility.
- $30 million to build multipurpose competition arena
- $20 million to expand swimming, diving and water polo facilities