Tom Dienhart, BTN.com Senior Writer, March 19, 2012
Spring football is in full swing across the Big Ten. And each day, BTN.com will be the place to stop by for your daily gridiron fix as we roll toward spring games in April. BTN.com senior writer Tom Dienhart will provide analysis, previews, videos and Q&As-among other things.
So be sure to stop by each day. To kick things off, here are 27 key questions that must be answered.
1. How will Penn State respond to a new coach in Bill O?Brien and his new schemes?
2. Who will catch passes for Ohio State?
3. Can Wisconsin find an answer at quarterback with Russell Wilson gone?
4. Will Iowa look any different with a new defensive and offensive coordinator?
5. Who is going to play quarterback at Purdue?
6. Will Penn State finally develop a passing game with Matt McGloin?
7. Can Michigan?s defensive line plug three big holes?
8. Will the Buckeyes embrace Urban Meyer, his staff and new schemes?
9. Can Minnesota?s defense just get better?
10. Will this be the spring that Northwestern finally finds a stud running back?
11. Are there any playmakers on Nebraska?s defense with a new coordinator?
12. Will Illinois? offensive line get a better push and pass protect better?
13. How will a Penn State secondary with four new starters develop?
14. Can new quarterback Andrew Maxwell make people forget Kirk Cousins at Michigan State?
15. Can the six new assistants-including new coordinators–develop a bond and chemistry with the players at Wisconsin?
16. Can Indiana?s defense go from bad to good?
17. Will Iowa?s overhauled defensive line be productive?
18. Who will run the ball for Iowa?
19. Will Ohio State?s offensive line not skip a beat with three new starters?
20. How quickly will Purdue players adapt to new defensive coordinator Tim Tibesar and his defense, which a new scheme that can morph from a 3-4 to a 4-3?
21. Who will catch passes at Michigan State?
22. Will quarterback Minnesota?s MarQueis Gray take the next step in his development?
23. Who will emerge at receiver for Illinois?
24. How will Kain Colter develop at quarterback for Northwestern?
25. Can Cornhusker signal-caller Taylor Martinez become a better passer?
26. Will Indiana develop a better rushing attack?
27. How will Purdue sort out its crowded quarterback situation?
Tom Dienhart is a senior writer for BTN.com. Find Dienhart?s work at www.btn.com/tomdienhart, follow him on Twitter at @BTNTomDienhart, send a question to his weekly mailbag here, and click here to subscribe to his overall RSS feed.