U.S. Marine Corps: BTN.com Leaders of Week 11
Every Saturday night during the Big Ten football season, BTN.com posts its “U.S. Marine Corps: Leaders of the Week.” The feature is designed to honor some of the top individual Big Ten performances. Check out our Week 11 stars and highlights in this post.
1. Tevin Coleman & Stephen Houston, RB, Indiana – 32 car., 369 yards, 4 TD. Talk about ground domination, Indiana’s two powerful backs averaged 11.5 yards per carry, with Coleman totaling 221 yards and Houston amassing 148 yards. Both also scored two touchdowns apiece, highlighted by Coleman’s 64- and 75-yard scores.
Watch Coleman’s 75-yard TD:
Watch Houston’s second 2-yard TD run:
2. Ameer Abdullah, RB, Nebraska – 27 car., 105 yards, 1 TD; 1 rec., 5 yards, 1 TD. Abdullah has had bigger days, no doubt, but he made a second clutch play in the waning moments for a second consecutive week. This time, it was an impressive 5-yard touchdown reception that turned out to be the game-winner and kept the Huskers in control of their own destiny in the Legends Division.
Watch Abdullah’s game-winning TD:
3. Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana – 11 rec., 184 yards, 3 TD. Illinois had no answer for Latimer, who set career highs in catches (11) and receiving yards (184) in Indiana’s 52-35 victory over the Illini. Latimer, who also had three touchdowns vs. Iowa last season, has caught a scoring strike in six of the last seven games.
Watch Latimer’s third TD:
4. James White, RB, Wisconsin – 23 car., 147 yards, 2 TD; 6 rec., 47 yards, 1 TD. Melvin Gordon this, Melvin Gordon that. Wisconsin’s dynamite sophomore running back has earned most of the fanfare this season, and for good reason, but the consistently underrated White added 194 total yards and three touchdowns to his eye-popping career statistics Saturday vs. BYU.
Watch White’s third TD:
5. Jordan Canzeri, RB, Iowa – 20 car., 165 yards, 1 TD. Canzeri entered Saturday’s game at Purdue with a career 287 yards rushing in nine games. The sophomore running back ran all over Purdue, racking up a career-high 165 yards to help Iowa blow away Purdue and become bowl eligible.
Watch Canzeri’s TD run:
Other notable performances:
Chris Borland, LB, Wisconsin – 13 tackles, 2.5 TFL, 2 sacks.
David Cobb, RB, Minnesota – 27 car., 139 yards 1 TD; 3 rec., 30 yards.
Randy Gregory, DE, Nebraska – 4 tackles, 3 sacks.
B.J. Lowery, DB, Iowa – 4 tackles, 1 FF, 2 BU.
Eric Murray, DB, Minnesota – 9 tackles, 1 TFL, 1 FR.
Jack Russell, K, Wisconsin – 2-2 FG, 3-3 XP.
|About Brent Yarina||BTN.com senior editor Brent Yarina covers football and men’s basketball for BTN.com. He writes the popular uniform feature “Clothes Call,” which also focuses on the latest cosmetic changes across Big Ten arenas and stadiums. Read all of his work here. You can subscribe to Yarina’s RSS feed and follow him on Twitter @BTNBrentYarina.|