Yarina: My way-too-early 2013-14 All-Big Ten teams

Adreian Payne is staying at Michigan State, which means we know exactly who will be back on campus in 2013-14. Knowing this, it’s time for my annual way-too-early look ahead to next season’s All-Big Ten teams. See my teams in this post. Did I miss someone? Feel free to post your teams in the comment section below.

[ RELATED: Which Big Ten stars are headed to the NBA? ]

[ RELATED: How did I do last year? View my 2012-13 Big Ten predictions ]

Player of the Year: Gary Harris, Michigan State
Freshman of the Year: Noah Vonleh, Indiana
Coach of the Year: Patrick Chambers, Penn State
Defensive Player of the Year: Aaron Craft, Ohio State
Most Improved Player: Shavon Shields, Nebraska

About Brent Yarina BTN.com web editor Brent Yarina covers football and men’s basketball for BTN.com. He writes the popular uniform feature “Clothes Call,” which also focuses on the latest cosmetic changes across Big Ten arenas and stadiums. Read all of his work here. You can subscribe to Yarina’s RSS feed and follow him on Twitter @BTNBrentYarina.

arsenal926 on 4/29/2013 @ 12:46pm EDT Said:

GR3 on 3rd team big ten is pretty ridiculous if you ask me. The offense will primarily be run through him and there is just no way Marble Decker and White will have better seasons.

shookwriter27 on 4/29/2013 @ 12:56pm EDT Said:

I think Tracy Abrams will be at least second team all Big Ten next year.

Shevron on 4/29/2013 @ 1:03pm EDT Said:

I like decker on the first team, but no way gr3 outplays him next year

Lukey P (@LukeyPrude) on 4/29/2013 @ 1:06pm EDT Said:

I really like LaQuinton Ross as a possible Most Improved, based on the amount of shots that are available due to Thomas’ departure.

John Murphy on 4/29/2013 @ 1:14pm EDT Said:

Sheehy is a big miss. He will be at least 2nd team. Also, name the last year the freshman of the year isn’t at least 3rd team.

Jeremy G on 4/29/2013 @ 1:47pm EDT Said:

I think Uthoff will have a huge year for the Hawks…. possibly better than marble and white

Damon on 4/29/2013 @ 2:56pm EDT Said:

Will Sheehey?

Reality Check on 4/30/2013 @ 2:34pm EDT Said:

I agree GR3 will be every bit as good as Harris this year, he should be first team and Harrris maybe second GR3 is that special gifted talent that we last saw with Denard.

Gary W on 4/30/2013 @ 4:16pm EDT Said:

The best player at OSU next year could very well be Sam Thompson

Brent Yarina, BTN.com on 4/30/2013 @ 4:44pm EDT Said:

Gary – He’s an intriguing player, no doubt. So much athleticism and so much potential. If he can put it all together, yes, he could be one of the Big Ten’s better players.

Zach Stocker (@zstocker) on 4/30/2013 @ 7:35pm EDT Said:

Forgetting about Egwu is a mistake, he will be one of he top big men in the conference next year.

Doug on 5/1/2013 @ 12:17am EDT Said:

Mark, GR 3 as good as Harris ? HAHHAHAH And Denard stunk against good teams, just like GR 3, so they are alike in that manner. FRESHMAN of the YEAR: GARY HARRIS, not GR 3 or McGary. Why do you keep breaking your promise of not posting?