What a season, huh? It might not even be hyperbole to say it was one of the best we’ve seen. From the Big Ten dominating the national polls to the countless upsets to the incredible finishes, the 2012-13 season is one we won’t soon forget. There also were more than our share of memorable plays. I rank the top ones (non-dunks) in this post. I’ll have an all-dunk post later this week.
[ RELATED: Tom Dienhart ranks top 10 games of 2012-13 season ]
10. Jordan Hulls drains 30-foot 3-point jumper in flow of game at Michigan State
9. D.J. Byrd grabs rebound from knees, calls timeout before going out of bounds
8. Dylan Talley hits huge 3 to down Iowa
7. Traevon Jackson drills deep 3 at buzzer to down Penn State
6. Keith Appling drives for late lefty layup vs. Kansas
5. Adreian Payne misses dunk, lands on back, grabs rebound from floor and calls timeout
4. Ben Brust hits halfcourt buzzer-beater to force OT vs. Michigan
3. Rodney Williams soars to block Victor Oladipo
2. Tyler Griffey beats buzzer, No. 1 Indiana
1. Cody Zeller puts Indiana ahead & Hoosiers deny Wolverines to win outright title
The two plays below ended in dunks, eliminating them from this countdown. But if we’re talking about the best plays of the season, it’s wrong to completely ignore either one. As a result, I’ve included these steals-turned-into-slams just so that they get the recognition they deserve.
Cody Zeller dives for steal, gets up for powerful dunk:
Trey Burke late steal, slam to drop Michigan State
|About Brent Yarina||BTN.com web editor Brent Yarina covers football and men’s basketball for BTN.com. He writes the popular uniform feature “Clothes Call,” which also focuses on the latest cosmetic changes across Big Ten arenas and stadiums. Read all of his work here. You can subscribe to Yarina’s RSS feed and follow him on Twitter @BTNBrentYarina.|