Melo Trimble drops 31 as Maryland defeats Richmond in OT, 88-82
More Big Ten men’s hoops
Here are a few more helpful Big Ten men’s basketball links.
- 2017 men’s tournament section
- BTN’s video section
- Big Ten men’s hoops highlights & features
- Big Ten men’s standings
- Big Ten men’s scoreboard & schedules
- Big Ten men’s stat leaders
- Choose your Big Ten school
- Choose your Big Ten sport
- Choose your BTN show
- Watch BTN’s feature profiles
- Watch lots more BTN extras
NEW YORK (AP) Melo Trimble scored a game high 31 points to lead Maryland to an 88-82 win over Richmond in overtime of the second game of the Barclays Center Classic Friday in New York.
Anthony Cowan added 18 for Maryland (6-0), Justin Jackson chipped in 16 points and seven rebounds and Kevin Huerter had 12 points and 10 rebounds.
Maryland scored eight of the first nine points of the extra period – Cowan made two free throws, Jackson drilled a 3 from in front of the Terrapins’ bench and Trimble’s 3-point play made it 78-71.
Cline had a pair of free throws that cut the deficit to 81-77, but that was as close as the Spiders would come.