Nebraska holds on late to beat Dayton, 80-78
More Big Ten men’s hoops
Here are a few more helpful Big Ten men’s basketball links.
- 17 men’s tournament section
- BTN’s video section
- Big Ten men’s hoops highlights & features
- Big Ten men’s standings
- Big Ten men’s scoreboard & schedules
- Big Ten men’s stat leaders
- Choose your Big Ten school
- Choose your Big Ten sport
- Choose your BTN show
- Watch BTN’s feature profiles
- Watch lots more BTN extras
FULLERTON, Calif. (AP) Glynn Watson Jr. hit two free throws with 8.8 seconds remaining as Nebraska beat Dayton 80-78 in the first round of the Wooden Legacy on Thursday night.
Watson finished with 20 points, and Ed Morrow Jr. added 19 points and 10 rebounds, as the Cornhuskers improved to 4-0 for the second time under fifth-year coach Tim Miles.
The Flyers (2-2) took their only lead of the game on Scoochie Smith‘s layup with 16 seconds remaining, but Watson drove to the basket and drew contact to salvage a game in which Nebraska led by as much as 14.
Charles Cooke scored 17 points and Xeyrius Williams had 15 points and nine rebounds for Dayton, which shot worse from the field (38.1 percent) than it did from the 3-point line (41.7).