BTN men's and women's hoops coverage begins with media day in Washington D.C.
BTN is the college sports fans’ home for Big Ten basketball beginning on Thursday with Big Ten Basketball Men’s Media Day. Along with media day coverage, a full lineup of basketball games and nightly studio programming, BTN has Big Ten hoops covered all season long.
Thursday’s men’s basketball media day coverage starts with coaches press conferences from 9 a.m. ET to 11:30 a.m. ET, beginning with Nebraska’s Tim Miles, B1G Basketball Media Day: 2016-2017 hosted by Dave Revsine and Jon Crispin, runs from 11:30 a.m. ET to 5 p.m. ET and will feature the coaches and student athletes from each of the 14 schools stopping by the set to discuss the upcoming season. All coverage from media day can also be streamed live on BTN2Go. In addition to the men’s coverage, BTN will air a 90-minute women’s basketball preview on Monday, Nov. 7 at 6 p.m. ET.
New this year to BTN studio shows will be former Illinois star and all-time Fighting Illini points leader Deon Thomas. He will join an experienced group of analysts that include Shon Morris, the former Northwestern forward/center; Crispin, a Penn State standout; Stephen Bardo, the Big Ten Defensive Player of the Year on the 1989 “Flyin’ Illini” squad that reached the Final Four, and former Hawkeye and all-Big Ten performer Jess Settles. Bardo, Crispin, Settles and Morris will also lead a team of talented game analysts that also includes Dan Bonner and Bob Wenzel along with play-by-by announcers Kevin Kugler, Brian Anderson, Revsine, Brandon Gaudin, Cory Provus and Jeff Levering.
In addition to Lisa Byington, the Network’s lead play-by-play voice for women’s basketball, BTN also returns a strong cast of women’s basketball analysts, including Christy Winters Scott, Vera Jones, Shelley Till and Brenda Van Lengen.
The network’s season-long coverage includes a number of studio shows which return in January:
• Big Ten Basketball & Beyond – National news from a Big Ten perspective, airing Sunday nights with Revsine, Bardo and the Sporting News’ Mike DeCourcy.
• BTN Live – Roundtable discussion and analysis Monday through Friday with hosts Revsine, Pizzo and Mike Hall and rotating analysts including Bardo, Crispin and Morris.
• Big Ten Tip-Off Show – Airing on weekends throughout the season. Big Ten Tip-Off Show is presented by Auto-Owners Insurance.
• The Finale – Highlights and analysis following the conclusion of the last Big Ten basketball game Tuesday-Saturday.
• Women’s Sports Report – Airing weekly with hosts Lisa Byington and Amina Smith.
This season, BTN will air more than 190 men’s and women’s basketball games. Throughout men’s conference play, BTN will be home to 35 games involving Big Ten teams that finished in the top 25 of the USA Today sports men’s basketball coaches poll, including Indiana, Maryland, Michigan State, Purdue and Wisconsin. BTN will also air at least 65 women’s basketball games, and will televise 12 non-conference games featuring Big Ten women’s basketball programs, including four contests in the 10th annual ACC/Big Ten Challenge.