@BTNStatsGuys: 5 things to know about Rutgers Scarlet Knights
Next up on our annual summer football, we’re headed to Rutgers.
Before we head to watch Chris Ash’s first team practice, here are five fun facts about the Scarlet Knights entering the 2016 season.
1. Chris Ash, who was hired on Dec. 7, 2015 as Rutgers’ head coach, is at his third Big Ten school since 2010, previously an assistant at Wisconsin and most recently Ohio State.
2. DT Darius Hamilton, who missed 11 games with a season-ending injury last season, totaled 23 tackles for loss in 2013 and 2014
3. Twenty-four of Andre Patton’s 34 receptions (71 percent) last season resulted in either a first down or a touchdown.
4. Only Indiana allowed more offensive touchdowns than Rutgers’ 55 in the Big Ten last season.
5. How about this three-game grind, from Sept. 24-Oct. 8: vs. Iowa, the reigning Big Ten West champ, at Ohio State and vs. Michigan, teams that combined to go 34-6 last season?