Six Big Ten players selected in first round of NFL Draft
The 2016 NFL Draft is here! The draft kicked off Thursday with the first round, while the second and third round will follow on Friday. The draft will conclude with rounds 4-7 on Saturday.
A total of six Big Ten players were selected in the opening round of the draft.
Five of the six players picked were from Ohio State, which is the most since the Buckeyes had five selections back in 2006.
The Buckeyes were also one short of the record for the most players selected in the first round by any program, which was six by Miami (FL) in 2004.
Here is a look at all six former Big Ten standouts selected in the first round.
3. Ohio State DE Joey Bosa, San Diego Chargers
4. Ohio State RB Ezekiel Elliott, Dallas Cowboys
8. Michigan State OT Jack Conklin, Tennessee Titans
10. Ohio State CB Eli Apple, New York Giants
16. Ohio State OT Taylor Decker, Detroit Lions
20. Ohio State LB Darron Lee, New York Jets