Big Ten fans know Robbie Hummel as a talented basketball player and a tireless worker who battled injury throughout his Purdue career. He’s also a jokester, and he showed it Wednesday in a series of tweets. For no particular reason, Hummel took to Twitter – and Instagram – to announce that he was “in the studio grinding” on his first hip hop album: “ROB: Road to Redemption.”
Get our latest Gone Viral moments:
- Nike releases new training sneakers for four Big Ten schools
- How nice is Northwestern’s new lakeside practice field?
- Watch Jabrill Peppers put strong hands on display
- Watch Penn State RB Saquon Barkley drop jaws in drill
- Watch Illinois AD Josh Whitman own JUGS machine at team practice
His first tweet:
The Timberwolves PR handle didn’t believe the news:
Hummel played along:
He even asked for some help:
“The ACL can burn in hell.” Check out these lyrics!
The fun was short-lived: