Big Ten fans know Robbie Hummel as a talented basketball player and a tireless worker who battled injury throughout his Purdue career. He’s also a jokester, and he showed it Wednesday in a series of tweets. For no particular reason, Hummel took to Twitter – and Instagram – to announce that he was “in the studio grinding” on his first hip hop album: “ROB: Road to Redemption.”
Get our latest Gone Viral moments:
- David Letterman passes ‘Late Show’ torch to NU grad Stephen Colbert
- Video: Michigan State players videobomb coach Jake Boss Jr.
- Twenty-four Nebraska baseball players get stuck in elevator
- Three Big Ten coaches land in top 6 of Sporting News’ coach rankings
- Photo: Ohio State’s 2014 title team added to national champions wall
His first tweet:
The Timberwolves PR handle didn’t believe the news:
Hummel played along:
He even asked for some help:
“The ACL can burn in hell.” Check out these lyrics!
The fun was short-lived: