Big Ten fans know Robbie Hummel as a talented basketball player and a tireless worker who battled injury throughout his Purdue career. He’s also a jokester, and he showed it Wednesday in a series of tweets. For no particular reason, Hummel took to Twitter – and Instagram – to announce that he was “in the studio grinding” on his first hip hop album: “ROB: Road to Redemption.”
Get our latest Gone Viral moments:
- Want to get (more) pumped for Michigan State at Michigan?
- Jim Harbaugh turns to ‘Lion King’ to describe mindset vs. Spartans
- Watch Shannon Brooks rip off highlight-reel 71-yard TD run
- Video: Norries Wilson accepts blame for Rutgers’ 4th-down spike
- Watch Randy Edsall’s passionate response to reporter’s question
His first tweet:
The Timberwolves PR handle didn’t believe the news:
Hummel played along:
He even asked for some help:
“The ACL can burn in hell.” Check out these lyrics!
The fun was short-lived: