U.S. Marine Corps: BTN.com Leaders of Week 13
Every Saturday night during the Big Ten football season, BTN.com posts its “U.S. Marine Corps: Leaders of the Week.” The feature is designed to honor some of the top individual Big Ten performances. Check out our Week 13 stars and highlights in this post.
1. Braxton Miller, QB, Ohio State. Miller has become a staple on this list, and the Buckeyes’ junior signal caller was phenomenal again this week. Miller totaled 304 yards and four touchdowns in the Buckeyes’ convincing 42-14 win over Indiana. He passed for 160 yards and two scores, and rushed for a game-high 144 yards and added two more scores on the ground.
Watch Miller’s 37-yard TD run:
2. Steve Hull, WR, Illinois. Hull was outstanding in Illinois’ 20-16 win over Purdue on Saturday. He hauled in a career-best 10 catches for 169 yards and two touchdowns in the victory. This marked the fourth game this season that Hull has recorded 100-plus receiving yards.
Watch Hull’s 30-yard TD catch:
3. Ryan Shazier, LB, Ohio State. Shazier had a career-day in the Buckeyes’ 42-14 victory over Indiana. The talented junior linebacker recorded a game-high 20 tackles, five of which were for a loss, a sack, a forced fumble and a pass breakup in the win.
Watch Shazier’s fourth quarter sack:
4. Chris Borland, LB, Wisconsin. The Badgers’ senior linebacker was all over the field in Wisconsin’s 20-7 victory over Minnesota. Borland totaled 12 tackles, forced two fumbles, and recovered one of them in the win. He has established himself as one of the top linebackers throughout all of college football.
Watch Borland’s third quarter forced fumble:
5. Jeremy Langford, RB, Michigan State. Langford has developed into not only one of the top running backs in the Big Ten, but throughout the entire country. The Spartans’ junior back rushed for a game-high 150 yards and two touchdowns as the Spartans clinched the Legends Division Title with a commanding 30-6 win over Northwestern. Langford has now hit the 100-yard rushing mark in six straight games, and surpassed 1,000 rushing yards this season.
Watch Langford’s 37-yard TD run:
Carlos Hyde, RB, Ohio State- 18 rushes, 117 yards, 2 TDs, 2 catches, 14 yards
Connor Cook, QB, Michigan State- 16-of-24, 293 yards, 2 TDs
James White, RB, Wisconsin- 26 rushes, 125 yards, 1 TD
Kofi Hughes, WR, Indiana- 9 catches, 120 yards
Ameer Abdullah, RB, Nebraska- 25 rushes, 147 yards, 2 catches, 18 yards
Zach Zwinak, RB, Penn State- 35 carries, 149 yards
|About Sean Merriman||BTN.com web editor Sean Merriman covers football and men’s basketball and provides original content for BTN.com. You can follow him on Twitter @BTNSean.|