Around the web: Reaction to Bo Pelini's comments

Bruce Thorson-USA TODAY Sports

Bruce Thorson-USA TODAY Sports

In case you missed it, Bo Pelini released an apology Monday night for his disparaging remarks about Nebraska fans following a 2011 comeback victory over Ohio State. Pelini said, in the release, “I take full responsibility for these comments.” The comments were published in an audio recording on Deadspin.com, which said it obtained the 102-second file from a tipster.

Naturally, columnists across the globe have offered their reaction to Pelini’s words and apology.

[ MORE: Bo Pelini responds to Tommie Frazier's harsh words ]

Tom Shatel, the Nebraska beat writer who Pelini also blasted in the recording, wrote this in a column: “I’ve been cursed at by better coaches than Pelini. Worse coaches, too.”

Listen to Bo Pelini address the issue on today’s teleconference:

Here’s a quick sampling of what columnists are writing about Pelini.

Also, a few former Nebraska players hit Twitter in support of Pelini:

Find out more about: ,

Greg Nielsen on 9/17/2013 @ 11:09am EDT Said:

You left out one of the best articles: “Weasel tipster seizes the moment” by Steven M. Sipple of the Lincoln Journal Star

Greg Nielsen on 9/17/2013 @ 11:10am EDT Said:

Nevermind, I just found it in your list.

karrie on 9/17/2013 @ 11:18am EDT Said:

in the context of the leaked comment, completely understandable why he was furious. Why was this leaked and within the confins of a University sponsered program in a room with only 2-3 people. Who’s agenda and why wait for 2 yrs? Complete BS. #GBR

Joe on 9/17/2013 @ 11:53am EDT Said:

Not that this excludes Bo’s comments. Bob Deavaney probably said worse things the only difference is no one ever recorded what he said.

Josh on 9/17/2013 @ 1:05pm EDT Said:

I am a Husker fan till I die; I am not offended by anything said by coach Pelini. If we are judged by things that we say when we believe we are in ‘private’, we would all be in hot water in some way or another. Pelini’s passion is refreshing and his loyalty is what Nebraskans should admire. He is a stand up man, a man who wants to win, all this ‘fire-storm’ talk is misplaced and over reaching.

huskerdude on 9/17/2013 @ 6:47pm EDT Said:

I Stand by bo. I agree w him and not offended. He loves his players and watching some fans give up on them at halftime id be upset to.