In case you missed it, Bo Pelini released an apology Monday night for his disparaging remarks about Nebraska fans following a 2011 comeback victory over Ohio State. Pelini said, in the release, “I take full responsibility for these comments.” The comments were published in an audio recording on Deadspin.com, which said it obtained the 102-second file from a tipster.
Naturally, columnists across the globe have offered their reaction to Pelini’s words and apology.
Tom Shatel, the Nebraska beat writer who Pelini also blasted in the recording, wrote this in a column: “I’ve been cursed at by better coaches than Pelini. Worse coaches, too.”
Listen to Bo Pelini address the issue on today’s teleconference:
Here’s a quick sampling of what columnists are writing about Pelini.
- Yahoo! Sports’ Dan Wetzel: Bo Pelini should not be dismissed as result of leaked audio rant
- Omaha.com’s Tom Shatel: This is the fun Bo Pelini is looking for
- Omaha.com’s Lee Barfkenecht: Insulting fans not in Bo Pelini’s best interests
- JournalStar.com’s Steven Sipple: Weasel tipster seizes the moment
- CornNation.com: Be careful where you aim that frustration
- Chicago Tribune’s Teddy Greenstein: Pelini’s exit from Lincoln long overdue
- ESPN.com’s Mitch Sherman: Icy roads ahead: Tough times for Pelini
- SI.com’s Lars Anderson: Bo Pelini faces uphill battle to win back fan support
- TheGazette.com’s Mike Hlas: Secretly taping Palini worse than his F-bombs
- CBSSports.com’s Dennis Dodd: Sometimes passionate coaches like Bo Pelini swear
- USAToday.com: Bo Pelini’s profane tirade causes friction at Nebraska
Also, a few former Nebraska players hit Twitter in support of Pelini: