As impressive as Mauti looks on tape, Lande knows NFL teams will do their homework.
“The reality is, come the (NFL) Combine, they’re going to stretch his knees, they’re going to check everything five ways to Sunday to figure out if he’s healthy enough to play in the NFL,” Lande said on Tuesday’s “The Next Level.”
“Really, all you can do is put on the tape,” the senior said. “I’ve been working really hard to come back from those injuries and don’t feel the effects from them.
“The tape, really, is what shows that.”
Watch our interview with Mauti:
Russ Lande’s Big Board (10/2/12)
1. Johnathan Hankins, DT, Ohio State
2. Kawann Short, DT, Purdue
3. William Gholston, DE, Michigan State
4. Michael Buchanan, DE, Illinois
5. Montee Ball, RB, Wisconsin
6. Akeem Spence, DT, Illinois
7. Le’Veon Bell, RB, Michigan State
8. Ricardo Allen, CB, Purdue
9. Michael Mauti, LB, Penn State
10. Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan