The Big Ten Conference released its weekly Wrestler of the Week honor Tuesday. Minnesota’s Cody Yohn took home the latest award of the season. See what he did to earn the honor in this post.
Wrestler of the Week: Cody Yohn, Minnesota, 165 – Jr. – Alamosa, Colo. – Alamosa
- Earned two dual wins to push No. 3 Minnesota to wins over No. 4 Iowa and No. 1 Oklahoma State en route to the NWCA Cliff Keen National Duals title
- Won a 5-3 overtime decision against Iowa’s sixth-ranked Mike Evans to help the Gophers to the 16-15 comeback win over the Hawkeyes in the semifinals
- Posted a 4-2 overtime victory versus the Cowboys’ Dallas Bailey to push Minnesota to an 18-13 win over Oklahoma State and the National Duals title
- Ranked 14th nationally at 165 pounds
- Takes home his first Big Ten weekly award
- Last Minnesota Wrestler of the Week: Kevin Steinhaus (Nov. 22, 2011)