Harold Shelton III, BTN Studio Researcher, August 19, 2016
Our annual summer football tour is headed to Minneapolis, Minnesota, to catch Tracy Claeys' first training camp.
Before our guys attend Minnesota practice Saturday, here are five nuggets for Minnesota entering the 2016 season.
1. Despite a 5-7 regular season in 2015, Minnesota is fresh off its first bowl win since 2004.
2. Tracy Claeys, now in his sixth season on the Minnesota staff, opens his first full season as a head coach at any level.
3. Mitch Leidner is one of two Minnesota quarterbacks to pass and rush for at least 20 touchdowns in a career, joining Rickey Foggie.
4. More Leidner: The quarterback has the Big Ten's longest active streak of games with a touchdown pass (8), ahead of J.T. Barrett (6) and C.J. Beathard (4).
5. The Gophers' crossover games come against teams (Maryland; Penn State; Rutgers) with a combined 14-23 record, including 6-18 in Big Ten play, in 2015.