Sean Merriman, BTN.com web editor, February 17, 2016
What is the best Big Ten city for football fans?
WalletHub.com recently published an article on the best and worst cities for football fans, and East Lansing, MI, home of Michigan State, ranked No. 5 overall, making it the highest-ranked Big Ten city on the list.
WalletHub?s list consisted of 245 of the largest U.S. cities, and the list is based on 18 key metrics, ranging from the best performing teams in both the NFL and college to average ticket prices.
All 14 Big Ten cities were named on the list, with East Lansing (Michigan State), State College (Penn State) and Minneapolis (Minnesota), all landing in the Top 25.
Here is a look at where some of the Big Ten cities ranked.
- East Lansing, MI (No. 5 overall) – Michigan State
- State College, PA (No. 22 overall) – Penn State
- Minneapolis, MN (No. 24 overall) – Minnesota
- College Park, MD (No. 81 overall) – Maryland
- Ann Arbor, MI (No. 84 overall) – Michigan
- Madison, WI (No. 91 overall) – Wisconsin
- Iowa City, IA (No. 94 overall) – Iowa
- Champaign, IL (No. 95 overall) – Illinois
- Piscataway, NJ (No. 116 overall) – Rutgers
- Columbus, OH (No. 124 overall) – Ohio State
Check out the complete list at Wallethub.com.
Here is a look from a 2015 clip of the Journey, where Shilique Calhoun invited our BTN cameras into his East Lansing home.