NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR THE CONTIGUOUS 48 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE NOT ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN ALASKA AND HAWAII AND WHERE PROHIBITED. SUBJECT TO ALL APPLICABLE FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL LAWS AND REGULATIONS.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Open to legal residents of 48 contiguous Unites States and D.C., who are 18 years of age and of the legal age of majority in their state (19 in Alabama and Nebraska) at the time of entry. The following individuals are not eligible to enter or win a prize: employees, contractors, directors, and officers of Big Ten Network, LLC (“Sponsor”), its parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, and the web design, advertising, fulfillment, legal, judging, administrative, and Contest agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment, and execution of this Contest (collectively, “Contest Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and spouse or “step” of each) and those living in the same household of each such person (those persons whether related or not who live in the same residence for at least three months during the twelve-month period preceding the start date of the Contest). Void in AK & HI and where prohibited.
2. CONTEST PERIOD: Contest begins on June 9, 2014 at 6:00:00 p.m. ET and ends on June 26, 2014 at 11:59:59 p.m. ET (the “Contest Period). Bonus Prize Entry Periods apply, as described in Section 4, below. Judging for the prizes will be held according to the dates in the chart below.
3. CONTEST SUMMARY: Big Ten Network fans are encouraged to take a photo of his/her self at a New York/New Jersey landmark showing their Big Ten Conference pride, and share the photo on Facebook or Instagram or via Twitter accounts using the hashtag #ThinkB1GNY or #ThinkBIGNY during the Contest Period. Photos do not need to show the Sponsor’s product, but must show a NY/NJ landmark. Descriptions will not be judged. See Section 5 for additional entry requirements.
4. TO ENTER: During the Contest Period, take a photo of yourself showcasing your Big Ten pride in front of a New York or New Jersey landmark. Post as follows:
Twitter/Instagram: Post the photo on your Twitter or Instagram account, with the hashtag #ThinkB1GNY or #ThinkBIGNY to receive one (1) entry into the Contest (an “Entry”). Your Twitter or Instagram account must be public to enter. If your accounts are set to “Protected Mode,” your Entries may not be visible and you may not be able to receive any direct messages from the Sponsor.
Facebook: Post the photo on the www.facebook.com/BTN with the hashtag #ThinkB1GNY or #ThinkBIGNY to receive (1) entry into the Contest (also an “Entry”).
Important Notice: If you post photos or receive updates from Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram via your wireless device, standard data charges will apply. Please consult your data rate plan regarding pricing for data
Each Entry must be unique. Automated methods of entry are prohibited and any use of automated devices will cause disqualification.
|Bonus Prize Entry Periods||Bonus Prize Entry Period Dates – All Entry Periods begin at 12:00:00 am ET and end at 11:59:59 pm ET||Bonus Prize Judging Dates|
|1||June 9, 2014 – June 15, 2014||June 16, 2014|
|2||June 16, 2014 – June 22, 2014||June 23, 2014|
Enter using only Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram account registered in your name. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the entrant, the natural person associated with the email address provided with the Entry will be considered the entrant. Entrants may not enter with multiple Facebook/Twitter/Instagram accounts nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to enter as multiple entrants. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple Facebook, Twitter or Instagram accounts, or uses any device or artifice including robotic, repetitive, automatic, programmed or similar entry methods or agents to enter multiple times during the Contest Period will be disqualified and forfeits any and all prizes won, at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. By participating, entrants agree to abide by and be bound by these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions.
5. REQUIREMENTS FOR ENTRY: Entries must be the original work of the entrant; must not infringe any third-party’s rights; must be suitable for publication (i.e., may not be obscene or indecent); must not contain obscene or pornographic material; may not contain defamatory statements; may not invade privacy, publicity, or other rights of any person, firm, or entity; may not in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations; may not infringe any reference to any third party trademarks, names, or third party logos (except for Sponsor’s trademarks and logos); and may not infringe any copyrighted works owned by third parties. Entries containing prohibited material or inappropriate content, or deemed to be in violation of these Official Rules or otherwise infringing, harmful, inappropriate, or defamatory, or generally not in keeping with the image of the Sponsor, as determined by the Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion, may be disqualified and will not be eligible to participate in the Contest. Any entrant whose Entry contains likenesses of third parties must be able to provide legal releases for Sponsor’s use of such Entry, in a form satisfactory to the Sponsor, upon request, prior to award of prize and/or naming of entrant as a winner.
By submitting an Entry, entrants grant to Big Ten Network a non-exclusive, irrevocable, fully paid, universal license to use, copy, sublicense, transmit, distribute, publicly perform, publish, edit, delete, display, create derivatives works of, and otherwise exploit entrant’s name, likeness, voice, quotes, comments, biographical information, and/or Entry, or any portion thereof, together with other materials, edited or altered as Big Ten Network sees fit, in any manner, in any media now known or hereafter devised, for advertising, trade, publicity, promotional and commercial purposes in connection with Big Ten Network’s brands or products, including, but not limited to, posts on Big Ten Network’s social media pages and/or any website, without limitation and without any further right of approval, permission or compensation. By submitting an Entry, entrants agree that Big Ten Network has no obligation to post any photographs, videos, or Entries, or make use of the rights granted herein and may take down any Entry at any time and for any reason. BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEB SITE AND SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS IN SPONSOR’S SOLE DISCRETION.
6. BONUS PRIZE WINNER SELECTION: At the end of each Bonus Prize Entry Period, all eligible Entries received during the corresponding Entry Period will be reviewed and judged by a panel of judges based on the following criteria:
- Expression of Big Ten Pride (50%)
- Showcasing New York or New Jersey in background (40%)
- Creativity (10%)
The Contest judging will be conducted by the Sponsor, who have the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Contest, and that all decisions are final and binding in all respects. Each Entry will be assigned a score for each judging criteria, and the entrant whose Entry receives the highest total score in each Bonus Prize Entry Period will be declared the winner of the Bonus Prize for the corresponding Bonus Prize Entry Period, subject to verification. In the event of a tie, the tied Entries will be re-judged by a new member of the judging panel, and the Entry with the highest score will be declared the winner, subject to verification for that Bonus Prize Entry Period. CONTEST PRIZE WINNER SELECTION: At the end of the Contest Period, all eligible Entries received during the entire Contest Period will be reviewed and, if a score has not already been assigned to the Entry, judged by a panel of judges based on the above judging criteria. The entrant whose Entry receives the highest total score for the entire Contest Period will be declared the winner of the Grand Prize, subject to verification. The entrant whose Entry receives the second-highest total score will be declared the winner of the First Prize, subject to verification. The entrant whose Entry receives the third-highest total score will be declared the winner of the Second Prize, subject to verification. The entrant whose Entry receives the fourth-highest total score will be declared the winner of the Third Prize. In the event of a tie, the tied Entries will be re-judged by a new member of the judging panel, and the Entry with the highest score will be declared the winner of the corresponding prize, subject to verification.
7. CONTEST PRIZES AND APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUES (“ARVs”): Grand Prize (1): Grand Prize trip includes round-trip coach class air transportation for winner and one (1) verified travel guest (“Guest”) from a major commercial airport near winner’s residence within the continental United States to Indianapolis, IN for the Legends versus Leaders Championship Football Game from Friday, December 5th-Sunday, December 7th ; three (3) days/two (2) nights hotel accommodations at hotel determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion (standard, double occupancy accommodations); two tickets to the Championship Game; and stipend for ground transportation. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $3,100.00. First Prize (1): First Prize trip includes round-trip coach class air transportation for winner and one (1) verified travel guest (“Guest”) from a major commercial airport near winner’s residence within the continental United States to Chicago, IL for the Big Ten 10k Fan Fest from Friday, July 25- Sunday, July 27th, 2014; three (3) days/two (2) nights hotel accommodations at hotel determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion (standard, double occupancy accommodations); and stipend for ground transportation. ARV: $3,000.00. Second Prize (1): two (2) tickets to the 2015 Big Ten Basketball Tournament All Session in Chicago, IL on March 12, 2015-March 15, 2015. Travel Expenses are NOT included in this prize. ARV: $1,500.00. Third Prize (1): a 50” flat screen TV. ARV: $800.00
8. BONUS PRIZES (2; one per Bonus Prize Entry Period): winner’s choice of a football or basketball autographed by the Big Ten Head Coach of winner’s choice. ARV of each Bonus Prize: $75.00.
9. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Limit one (1) Grand prize and one (1) Bonus Prize per person/household. Bonus Prize winners are also eligible for the Grand, First, Second, and Third Prizes. Sponsor does not make, nor in any manner is responsible or liable for, any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the prizes including but not limited to their quality, fitness for purpose, or condition. All product and brand images are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective companies, which are not sponsors or affiliated with this Contest.
TRAVEL PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: All travel above must be taken on the dates provided; no alternative travel dates are available. If Winner is unable to travel during travel dates, as designated by Sponsor, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected. Actual value of prizes may vary depending on Winner’s point of travel origin, airfare, and hotel fluctuations. Any difference between the stated ARV and actual value will not be awarded. Airport, airline, ground transportation, and/or hotel accommodations will be determined by the Sponsor. Travel dates and accommodations are subject to availability and restrictions. Winner may be required to provide a credit card at time of hotel check-in to cover hotel incidentals. Winner and Guest must provide their own transportation to and from the departure airport. If in the judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to destination, Winner will receive ground transportation in lieu of air transportation, and no compensation will be given for such substitution. Winner and Guest must travel on same itinerary, comply with all security requirements for travel and are solely responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents prior to departure date for travel (e.g., a valid government-issued passport, U.S. driver’s license). Winner and Guest are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Guest must be 18 years of age or older and of legal age of majority in their state of residence unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. If Guest is a minor, the release of liability/publicity must also be signed by Guest’s parent or legal guardian. A minor going on the prize trip must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at all times. Winner and Guest must sign and return a release of liability/publicity before travel is booked. Travel arrangements are subject to availability and must be round trip. Flight itinerary may include one or more stops and/or layovers. All airfare, luggage fees, hotel, meals, ground transportation, gratuities, excursions fees, alcoholic beverages and any other incidental costs or other expenses not specifically set forth herein are the sole responsibility of Winner. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. Airline tickets are subject to flight variations, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omission whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any Grand Prize-related services or accommodations. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Sponsor shall not be liable for any loss or damage to baggage. Additional prize details and travel information to be provided to the winner at the time of notification. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged.
TICKET PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Winner seat assignments during an event will be designated by Sponsor (or prize provider). No one may be admitted to an event without a ticket. Tickets will not be refundable or redeemable for cash or credit at any time, nor will they be replaced if lost or stolen. Passes and tickets are subject to certain terms and conditions as specified by issuer. Winner agrees that event admission is awarded pursuant to a revocable, nontransferable
license that is personal to the Winner and may not be sold, resold, auctioned, bartered, assigned, exchanged, placed in commerce, transferred, given away, donated or otherwise conveyed. Sponsor and/or its prize providers have the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify and remove the Winner and/or his or her Guest from any activity at any time without compensation if the Winner’s behavior or his or her Guest’s behavior at any point is uncooperative, disruptive, or may or does cause damage to person, property, or the reputation of Sponsor, or its prize providers, and in such a case, Winner will still be solely responsible for all taxes and other expenses relating to the prize. Prizes are non-transferable and no cash redemption or prize substitution permitted, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right in their sole discretion to substitute a prize in whole or in part with one of comparable or greater value. All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance and use not specifically provided herein are the responsibility of the winner. The ARV for the prizes are as of the date these rules were finalized and may fluctuate. Any difference between the stated ARV and actual value at the time the prize is awarded will not be awarded.
10. WINNER NOTIFICATION AND PRIZE CLAIM: Winners are subject to verification, including verification of age. Potential Winners will be contacted via method used for entry; private message on Facebook or Twitter, or via comment on entry on Instagram. It is the winners’ responsibility to timely set account settings to accept contacts by Sponsor and to timely check their account for such messages. Potential winners will be required to respond within twenty four (24) hours with the information requested. If any winner does not respond to a notification within twenty-four (24) hours of first notification attempt, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be contacted. Potential winners may be required to demonstrate ownership of the relevant social media account and/or Entry, in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Upon Sponsor’s receipt of the potential winners’ information, the potential First, Second, Third, and Grand Prize Winners (and Guests, where applicable) will be required to verify their eligibility by completing, signing, notarizing, and returning, via email or fax, an Affidavit of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, a Publicity Release (granting the use of the Winner’s name, city/state, likeness, or photograph by Sponsor for advertising/publicity purposes, without further compensation) within three (3) business days of attempted notification or the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner (time permitting). Bonus Prizes and Second and Third Prizes will be shipped to the addresses provided during notification within 4-6 weeks after the end of the Contest Period.
Winners are solely responsible for any taxes on the prize, and Grand, First, Second, and Third Prize winners will be issued an IRS Form 1099 reporting the value of their prize. Each Grand, First, Second, and Third Prize winner will be required to complete a W9 Tax Form and will be required to furnish his/her social security number for the sole purpose of preparation of any tax forms as required by law.
11. GENERAL CONDITIONS: INTERNET CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH INDIVIDUAL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW INCLUDING CRIMINAL PROSECUTION. If the Contest is not capable of running as planned for any reason, including without limitation, due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who is responsible or who tampers with the entry process, and to cancel, modify, or terminate the Contest. In the event of cancellation, Sponsor will randomly award the prizes in a drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received prior to cancellation. In the event that an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost or destroyed, entrant’s sole remedy shall be another entry into the Contest.
12. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: No liability or responsibility is assumed by Sponsor or Contest Parties, Facebook, Inc., Twitter, or Instagram (collectively, Releasees”) resulting from user’s participation in, attempt to participate in, or download of any information in connection with participating in, the Contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by the Sponsor or Contest Parties for technical problems or technical malfunction, including, without limitation, those arising in connection with any of the following occurrences that may affect the operation of the Contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless, or Internet connectivity, or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts, or providers; garbled, jumbled, or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent to or received; lost, late, delayed, or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of a web site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or any web site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention in the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bug, worm; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest. Sponsor is not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of the prize or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on promotional materials or on a web site. Use of web sites is at user’s own risk. Releasees are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or any other losses of any kind that may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of any web site or the download of any information from any web site, or any other loss related to user’s participation in the Contest or receipt of any prize. As a condition of entering, entrants agree to release Sponsor, Contest Parties, Facebook, Inc., Twitter, and Instagram from any and all liability, loss, or damage incurred with respect to entrant’s participation in the Contest and the awarding, receipt, possession, and/or use or misuse of any prize, including any traveling related thereto.
13. BINDING ARBITRATION: Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Contest shall be settled by binding arbitration in a location determined by the arbitrator as set forth herein (provided that such location is reasonably convenient for claimant), or at such other location as may be mutually agreed upon by the parties, in accordance with the procedural rules for commercial disputes set forth in the Comprehensive Arbitration Rules and Procedures of JAMS (“JAMS Rules and Procedures”) then prevailing, and judgment upon the award rendered by the arbitrator(s) may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof. The arbitrator shall be selected pursuant to the JAMS Rules and Procedures. In the event that the claimant is able to demonstrate that the costs of arbitration will be prohibitive as compared to the costs of litigation, will pay as much of the claimant’s filing and hearing fees in connection with the arbitration as the arbitrator deems necessary to prevent the arbitration from being cost-prohibitive. If any part of this arbitration provision is deemed to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal (other than that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis), or otherwise conflicts with the rules and procedures established by JAMS, then the balance of this arbitration provision shall remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with its terms as if the invalid, unenforceable, illegal or conflicting provision were not contained herein. If, however, the portion that is deemed invalid, unenforceable or illegal is that claims will not be arbitrated on a class or representative basis, then the entirety of this arbitration provision shall be null and void, and neither claimant nor shall be entitled to arbitrate their dispute. Upon filing a demand for arbitration, all parties to such arbitration shall have the right of discovery, which discovery shall be completed within sixty days after the demand for arbitration is made, unless further extended by mutual agreement of the parties. THE ARBITRATION OF DISPUTES PURSUANT TO THIS PARAGRAPH SHALL BE IN THE ENTRANT’S INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. THE ARBITRATOR MAY NOT CONSOLIDATE OR JOIN THE CLAIMS OF OTHER PERSONS OR PARTIES WHO MAY BE SIMILARLY SITUATED. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO HAVE ANY CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARBITRATED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS CONTEST, EACH ENTRANT AGREES THAT TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW: (1) ANY AND ALL DISPUTES, CLAIMS AND CAUSES OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED WITH THE CONTEST, OR ANY PRIZE AWARDED, WILL BE RESOLVED INDIVIDUALLY THROUGH BINDING ARBITRATION AS SET FORTH ABOVE, WITHOUT RESORT TO ANY FORM OF CLASS ACTION; (2) ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, JUDGMENTS AND AWARDS WILL BE LIMITED TO ACTUAL THIRD-PARTY, OUT-OF-POCKET COSTS INCURRED (IF ANY), BUT IN NO EVENT WILL ATTORNEYS’ FEES BE AWARDED OR RECOVERABLE; (3) UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL ANY ENTRANT BE PERMITTED TO OBTAIN ANY AWARD FOR, AND ENTRANT HEREBY KNOWINGLY AND EXPRESSLY WAIVES ALL RIGHTS TO SEEK, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS AND/OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES, OTHER THAN ACTUAL OUT OF POCKET EXPENSES), AND/OR ANY RIGHTS TO HAVE DAMAGES MULTIPLIED OR OTHERWISE INCREASED; AND (4) ENTRANT’S REMEDIES ARE LIMITED TO A CLAIM FOR MONEY DAMAGES (IF ANY) AND ENTRANT IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ANY RIGHT TO SEEK INJUNCTIVE OR EQUITABLE RELIEF. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO EVERY ENTRANT.
14. PUBLICITY: Except in Tennessee, and where prohibited by law, by accepting a prize, winners (or winners’ parent/legal guardian, if winner is a minor) grant permission for Sponsor and those acting under its authority to use their name, and address (city and state),photograph, voice and/or likeness, for advertising and/or publicity purposes, in any and all media (including posting on Sponsor’s web site) now known or hereinafter invented without territorial or time limitations and without further notice to and without additional compensation. If you are selected as a winner, your information may also be included in a publicly-available winner’s list
15. GOVERNING LAW & JURISDICTION: All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, your rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of California, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules thereof, and any matters or proceedings which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in Section 13 of these Official Rules. By entering, you consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state, and local courts located in Los Angeles County, California for the resolution of all disputes, and agree that any and all disputes shall be resolved exclusively in those courts. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that or any other provision. If any provision of these Official Rules is held to be invalid or unenforceable, such provision shall be struck, and the remaining provisions shall be enforced.
16. WINNERS LIST: For a list of the winners, visit http://btn.com/thinkbigny-winners/. Winners will be posted for 30 days after winner verification.
17. SPONSOR: Big Ten Network, LLC., 600 West Chicago Avenue, Suite 875, Chicago, IL 60610.