Minnesota's Springs sinks Indiana in final seconds, 75-74
More Big Ten men’s hoops
Here are a few more helpful Big Ten men’s basketball links.
- 2017 men’s tournament section
- BTN’s video section
- Big Ten men’s hoops highlights & features
- Big Ten men’s standings
- Big Ten men’s scoreboard & schedules
- Big Ten men’s stat leaders
- Choose your Big Ten school
- Choose your Big Ten sport
- Choose your BTN show
- Watch BTN’s feature profiles
- Watch lots more BTN extras
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) Akeem Springs followed his own missed 3-pointer with a putback flip from the baseline with 3 seconds left, lifting Minnesota to a 75-74 victory over Indiana on Wednesday night to hand the Hoosiers their fourth straight loss.
Springs finished just 2 for 13 from the field, but the fifth-year senior’s hustle after his contested heave from the corner helped give the Gophers (19-7, 7-6 Big Ten) their fourth consecutive victory after falling behind in the closing minutes. Nate Mason led the way with 30 points, including 11 of 12 free throws.
James Blackmon Jr. finished with 22 points for the Hoosiers (15-12, 5-9). After driving through the defense to the top of the key, Blackmon pulled up for a 3-point try at the buzzer that banged off the backboard.