Northwestern stuns No. 7 Wisconsin, 66-59
More Big Ten men’s hoops
Here are a few more helpful Big Ten men’s basketball links.
- 17 men’s tournament section
- BTN’s video section
- Big Ten men’s hoops highlights & features
- Big Ten men’s standings
- Big Ten men’s scoreboard & schedules
- Big Ten men’s stat leaders
- Choose your Big Ten school
- Choose your Big Ten sport
- Choose your BTN show
- Watch BTN’s feature profiles
- Watch lots more BTN extras
MADISON, Wis. (AP) Bryant McIntosh scored 25 points, and defensive-minded Northwestern beat No. 7 Wisconsin 66-59 on Sunday, securing an important win for the school’s bid to make its first-ever NCAA Tournament.
Dererk Pardon added 11 for the Wildcats (19-6, 8-4), who confounded the Big Ten-leading Badgers by doubling dominant big man Ethan Happ.
Nigel Hayes scored nine of his 13 points in the second half for the Badgers (21-4, 10-2), who had their eight-game winning streak snapped.
The Badgers didn’t let up despite falling behind by 10 with 1 minute left, closing to 60-55 with less than 15 seconds after Zak Showalter hit two foul shots.
But McIntosh followed with two free throws with 42 seconds left, and Wisconsin ran out of time.