No. 25 Maryland holds off Iowa, 84-76
More Big Ten men’s hoops
Here are a few more helpful Big Ten men’s basketball links.
- 2017 men’s tournament section
- BTN’s video section
- Big Ten men’s hoops highlights & features
- Big Ten men’s standings
- Big Ten men’s scoreboard & schedules
- Big Ten men’s stat leaders
- Choose your Big Ten school
- Choose your Big Ten sport
- Choose your BTN show
- Watch BTN’s feature profiles
- Watch lots more BTN extras
IOWA CITY, Iowa (AP) Melo Trimble scored 20 points and 25th-ranked Maryland rallied after blowing a 15-point lead to outlast Iowa 84-76 on Thursday night for its fourth straight victory.
Trimble hit back-to-back 3-pointers in the final three minutes to key the Terrapins (17-2, 5-1 Big Ten), who have also won three in a row on the road.
Maryland was threatening to blow out the Hawkeyes (11-9, 3-4) before Iowa went on a 10-0 run midway through the second half. The Hawkeyes went ahead 72-69, but an 8-0 spurt fueled by Trimble’s 3s gave Maryland a lead it did not relinquish.
Anthony Cowan had 15 points and six assists for the Terrapins, who shot 56.6 percent from the floor.