Nebraska falls to No. 10 Creighton in in-state rivalry matchup
More Big Ten men’s hoops
Here are a few more helpful Big Ten men’s basketball links.
- 2017 men’s tournament section
- BTN’s video section
- Big Ten men’s hoops highlights & features
- Big Ten men’s standings
- Big Ten men’s scoreboard & schedules
- Big Ten men’s stat leaders
- Choose your Big Ten school
- Choose your Big Ten sport
- Choose your BTN show
- Watch BTN’s feature profiles
- Watch lots more BTN extras
LINCOLN, Neb. (AP) Maurice Watson Jr. scored a season-high 25 points, Cole Huff added 13 and No. 10 Creighton dominated the second half in a 77-62 victory over in-state rival Nebraska on Wednesday night.
The Bluejays (9-0) have won 15 of 18 meetings with the Cornhuskers (5-4), including the last six by double digits.
Creighton led 31-30 at halftime and held Nebraska scoreless for 6 1/2 minutes in the second half while going up 51-37 and grew the lead to 21 in the last 3 minutes.
Tai Webster had 16 points and Ed Morrow had 13 rebounds for the Huskers.
The Huskers shot 32.4 percent overall and were just 3 of 22 on 3-point attempts. Creighton shot 50.8 percent but was just 12 of 23 from the free throw line.