Minnesota stifles St. John's 92-86 to remain undefeated
More Big Ten men’s hoops
Here are a few more helpful Big Ten men’s basketball links.
- 2017 men’s tournament section
- BTN’s video section
- Big Ten men’s hoops highlights & features
- Big Ten men’s standings
- Big Ten men’s scoreboard & schedules
- Big Ten men’s stat leaders
- Choose your Big Ten school
- Choose your Big Ten sport
- Choose your BTN show
- Watch BTN’s feature profiles
- Watch lots more BTN extras
(AP) Freshman Amir Coffey scored 30 points to lead Minnesota to a 92-86 over St. John’s on Friday night.
Marcus LoVett scored 31 points on 11-for-27 shooting and Shamorie Ponds had 23 points and eight rebounds for St. John’s (2-1). The Red Storm led by 13 points midway through the first half, but shot just 37 percent to let the lead slip away.
Coffey made 9 of 14 shots and was 11 for 12 on free throws. Reggie Lynch grabbed 11 rebounds and blocked nine shots for Minnesota.
Bashir Ahmed added 15 points and 10 rebounds for St. John’s, which pulled within three points in the second half but couldn’t get closer.