Murphy powers Minnesota past Mount St. Mary's
More Big Ten men’s hoops
Here are a few more helpful Big Ten men’s basketball links.
- 2017 men’s tournament section
- BTN’s video section
- Big Ten men’s hoops highlights & features
- Big Ten men’s standings
- Big Ten men’s scoreboard & schedules
- Big Ten men’s stat leaders
- Choose your Big Ten school
- Choose your Big Ten sport
- Choose your BTN show
- Watch BTN’s feature profiles
- Watch lots more BTN extras
(AP) Jordan Murphy scored 18 points and added 12 rebounds and Minnesota pulled away to beat Mount St. Mary’s 80-56 Wednesday night.
The Gophers, 3-0 for the first time in three years, also got 13 points each from Dupree McBrayer and Nate Mason.
Junior Robinson scored 16 points to lead Mount St. Mary’s (0-3), which fell to 0-18 all-time against Big Ten teams. Elijah Long had 11 points and 5 rebounds.
With Minnesota up 49-42, Murphy scored on a dunk, blocked a 3-pointer by Will Miller and scored on another dunk 5 seconds later. After a media timeout, he scored on a putback for a 13-point lead with 11:10 to play.
Back-to-back 3-pointers by Akeem Springs pushed the lead to 19. He and Amir Coffey each finished with 10 points.
Minnesota, which shot 57.4 percent, also had a 46-25 rebounding edge.