Big Ten Power Rankings: Perfect Michigan takes over top spot
More BTN video
Our video section is packed with more Big Ten video than ever before. Dive on in and share it on social media.
Down goes Ohio State! As a result, my Big Ten Power Rankings, presented by ArcelorMittal, have a new king. Say “hello” to Michigan.
View my full list below.
1. Michigan (7-0, 4-0). Another week, another easy win. When will this get challenging? The Wolverines will be thinking revenge this week when they go to Michigan State.
Last week: 2
Up next: at Michigan State
2. Ohio State (6-1, 3-1). The Buckeyes’ first road loss since 2011 doesn’t kill their playoff hopes, but it makes their path more difficult.
Last week: 1
Up next: vs. Northwestern
3. Wisconsin (5-2, 2-2). The Badgers’ outstanding defense keeps them in every game. And the offense keeps improving. This is America’s best two-loss team.
Last week: 4
Up next: vs. Nebraska
4. Nebraska (7-0, 4-0). Now we are about to discover how good the unbeaten Huskers are, with fellow Big Ten West contender Wisconsin looming.
Last week: 3
Up next: at Wisconsin
5. Northwestern (4-3, 3-1). That’s three wins in a row and counting for the Wildcats, whose offense has come to life. Did NU really start 0-2?
Last week: 5
Up next: at Ohio State
6. Penn State (5-2, 3-1). The Nittany Lions score their first win against a top-five team since 1999 against Arizona and first against a top-two team since 1990 vs. No. 1 Notre Dame.
Last week: 7
Up next: at Purdue
7. Iowa (5-3, 3-2). The Hawkeyes have lost three home games in a row, as the offense continues to flounder. Can Iowa be fixed? I don’t know.
Last week: 6
Up next: Idle
8. Minnesota (5-2, 2-2). It wasn’t pretty, but the Golden Gophers found a way to defeat Rutgers. Illinois and Purdue are next. Are you thinking what I’m thinking?
Last week: 8
Up next: at Illinois
9. Maryland (5-2, 2-2). The Terrapins are just a win away from bowl eligibility in DJ Durkin’s rookie season. Not bad.
Last week: 10
Up next: at Indiana
10. Indiana (3-4, 1-3). The Hoosiers have been unable to build mojo after that big victory vs. Michigan State, losing three in a row. The offense is struggling.
Last week: 9
Up next: vs. Maryland
11. Michigan State (2-5, 0-4). Oh, how the mighty have fallen. That’s five losses in a row for the Spartans, who may go from Big Ten champ in 2015 to being a no bowl team in 2016.
Last week: 11
Up next: vs. Michigan
12. Purdue (3-4, 1-3). The team showed some spark, but the result was the same: A loss. Still, you have to like the energy shown at Nebraska under interim coach Gerad Parker.
Last week: 12
Up next: vs. Penn State
13. Illinois (2-5, 1-3). Things seem to be going from bad to worse for the Illini. Will this team win another game?
Last week: 13
Up next: vs. Minnesota
14. Rutgers (2-6, 0-5). The Scarlet Knights scored 32 points. The previous four games, they tallied 14. RU can build on this. And it may have found a QB.
Last week: 14
Up next: Idle