Big Ten Football: 5 things to know before UCF vs. Michigan
Michigan takes on UCF at noon ET on Saturday.
I’ve got five things to know before the Wolverines kick off Week 2 in the Big Ten.
1. Michigan is ranked in the Top 5 of the polls for the first time since the 2007 preseason poll.
2. This is the first meeting between Michigan and UCF. Michigan is trying to start 2-0 for the first time since 2013 and for just the second time in the last five seasons.
3. Michigan’s opponent, UCF, is just 1-7 all-time against Big Ten teams with the only win coming in 2013 at Penn State.
4. Scott Frost is the head football coach at UCF. Frost was the quarterback for the Nebraska Cornhuskers, who split the national title with Michigan in the 1997 season.
5. Former Michigan quarterback Brian Griese, who led the Wolverines to the national title in 1997, the same year Nebraska split the title with Michigan, is calling the game for ABC.