Big Ten Football: 5 things to know before Purdue vs. Cincinnati
Purdue takes on Cincinnati at noon ET Saturday on BTN/BTN2Go.
I’ve got five things to know before the Boilermakers kick off Week 2 in the Big Ten.
1. After winning last week against Eastern Kentucky, Purdue is trying to start 2-0 for the first time since 2007.
2. Purdue faces a Cincinnati team that has lost 12 straight road games against Big Ten foes. In fact, each of Cincinnati’s road games against Big Ten teams have been decided by at least 18 points.
3. Cincinnati’s last road win against a team from the Big Ten came in 1957 at Indiana.
4. This is the third meeting between these teams. The last time they met came in the season opener in 2013 when the Bearcats pounded the Boilermakers 42-7 in Cincinnati. That was Darrell Hazell’s first game as Purdue head coach. The only other game between these teams happened in 2001 when Purdue won 19-14 on the road. This will be the first game between these teams in West Lafayette.
5. Purdue’s 21-point first quarter last week was the program’s highest point total in a first quarter since 2011 against Minnesota.