Big Ten Football: 5 things to know before Minnesota vs. Indiana State
Minnesota takes on Indiana State at noon ET on Saturday.
I’ve got five things to know before the Gophers kick off Week 2 in the Big Ten.
1. This is the third meeting between these teams with the Gophers winning the previous two times. The last matchup came in 1993 as they won 27-10.
2. Minnesota won its first-ever matchup against Indiana State, 34-12, back in 1989.
3. Indiana State is winless in 15 tries all-time against current Big Ten teams. Indiana State has played against a Big Ten school in every season since 2011.
4. The Golden Gophers are seeking to start 2-0 in a season for the first time since 2014 and for the fourth time in the last five years.
5. Quarterback Mitch Leidner completed 13-of-26 passes for 130 yards, along with 76 yards and two touchdowns on the ground in Minnesota’s Week 1 win. With those two rushing touchdowns, Leidner now has 25 for his career, passing Rickey Foggie for the most all-time for a Minnesota quarterback.