@BTNStatsGuys: 5 things to know about Purdue Boilermakers
We’re headed your way, Purdue fans. That’s right, the annual BTN summer football tour is destined for West Lafayette, Indiana, to check out Darrell Hazell’s fourth team.
Before we head out to the practice field for our final stop Thursday, here are five nuggets for Purdue entering the 2016 season.
1. Purdue has increased its scoring every season since 2013, Darrell Hazell’s first year, going from 14.9 points per game to 23.8 to 25.1.
2. Impressive numbers here: LB Ja’Whaun Bentley registered 49 tackles, including 7.5 tackles for loss, in five(!) games before suffering a knee injury last season.
3. Veteran DL Jake Replogle, who has started 24 consecutive games, has totaled 24.5 tackles for loss the last two seasons.
4. RB Markell Jones, a rising sophomore, is the Big Ten’s fourth leading returning rusher (875 yards).
5. Purdue’s 2016 home conference schedule includes Iowa, Penn State, Northwestern and Wisconsin, teams that combined to average 9.8 wins in 2015.