Big Ten baseball coaches react to NCAA tournament berths
A Big Ten-record five teams made the 2015 NCAA Baseball Tournament, it was announced Monday afternoon.
[ MORE: View the official NCAA bracket ]
Big Ten regular-season champ Illinois highlights the field, and it will host a regional for the first time in program history.
Big Ten tourney champ Michigan, Iowa, Indiana and Maryland join the Illini in the Field of 64.
Check out these fun facts about the NCAA participants:
- The Illini have made three of the last five NCAA tournaments.
- The Hoosiers are making their third consecutive NCAA tourney appearance, a first for a Big Ten team since 2008.
- The Hawkeyes are in the field for the first time since 1990.
- The Terrapins are in back-to-back NCAA tournaments for the first time since 1970 and 1971.
- The Wolverines end a six-year NCAA tourney drought, dating back to its 2008 appearance.
Get Illinois, Indiana, Iowa and Michigan’s reactions to making the NCAA field in the tweets below.
#ILLINI #RoadToOmaha (@IlliniBaseball) May 25, 2015
Indiana Baseball (@HoosierBaseball) May 25, 2015
Reaction from players and Coach Rick Heller to Monday's NCAA Regionals announcement: snpy.tv/1FM0U98—
Iowa Baseball (@UIBaseball) May 25, 2015
Here's a feature on reaction to the selection show and interviews with Coach Bakich and players! snpy.tv/1ApRccs—
Michigan Baseball (@umichbaseball) May 25, 2015