Big Ten Bowl Projections: Wildcats enter Jerry Palm's latest list
Jerry Palm of CBSSports.com has released his latest bowl projections, and he has 10 Big Ten teams in the postseason.
More Big Ten coverage
Get our favorite Big Ten football links.
- Scoreboard: Relive Week 13 action
- Standings: OSU clinches Big Ten East
- Stats: View Big Ten statistical leaders
- Power Rankings: Gophers up to No. 4
- Bowl Projections: Wildcats enter list
- Predictions: Week 13 picks revisited
- Putting OSU's streak in perspective
- See what our guy learned in Week 13
- Video: Jalin Marshall scores 4 TDs
- Gophers card 'signature win' of Kill era
- Watch Week 13 Big Ten highlights
- Video: Randy Edsall tosses headset
- Week 13 honors, grades & numbers
None are in the playoffs, but two are in “selection committee” bowls, headlined by Ohio State playing TCU in the Cotton Bowl.
Palm’s playoff features No. 1 Alabama, No. 2 Oregon, No. 3 Florida State and No. 4 Baylor.
Here is how Palm lines up the Big Ten.
The 10 teams are one more than Palm projected last week. Northwestern, fresh off its convincing win at Purdue, is the 10th team, and it can become bowl eligible with a victory vs. Illinois in the season finale. Illinois also would become bowl eligible with a win.
Michigan is the only other team that can become bowl eligible in the final week; the Wolverines, who just lost at home to Maryland, travel to No. 6 Ohio State on Saturday.
|About Tom Dienhart||BTN.com senior writer Tom Dienhart is a veteran sports journalist who covers Big Ten football and men’s basketball for BTN.com and BTN TV. Find him on Twitter and Facebook, read all of his work at btn.com/tomdienhart, and subscribe to his posts via RSS. Also, send questions to his weekly mailbag using the form below and read all of his previous answers in his reader mailbag section.|
And if you want to leave a comment on this post, use the box below. All comments need to be approved by a moderator.