Photo: Minnesota unveils new gold alternate helmet
Minnesota unveiled a new alternate helmet during BTN Live’s visit Saturday. The gold lid, with a maroon “M,” facemask and stripe down the middle, was on our set for Saturday night’s show. The helmet also features the school’s “Ski-U-Mah” cheer on the front and back of the stripe. See the helmet in this post.
Get the latest Big Ten fashion designs:
- Michigan will wear new all-maize alternate uniform vs. Florida
- Oregon uniform vs. Nebraska designed by young cancer survivors
- Nebraska unveils 1997-inspired alternate uniform, to be worn Oct. 7 vs. Wisconsin
- 2017 Big Ten football uniform rankings: Penn State tops the list
- Penn State unveils throwback uniform, to be worn Sept. 30 vs. Indiana
A team spokesman at Big Ten media days said the Gophers do not expect to wear the white alternate lid it wore in last year’s bowl game.
|About Brent Yarina||BTN.com senior editor Brent Yarina covers football and men’s basketball for BTN.com. He writes the popular uniform feature “Clothes Call,” which also focuses on the latest cosmetic changes across Big Ten arenas and stadiums. Read all of his work here. You can subscribe to Yarina’s RSS feed and follow him on Twitter @BTNBrentYarina.|