Rankings are always fun. They’re even more fun in the summer, when we need something to debate until the games start. Well, bestcollegereviews.org posted a popular list ranking the best college towns that made its way around social media Thursday, and the Big Ten was all over it. In fact, the Big Ten owned two of the top three towns: Ann Arbor (No. 2) and Madison (No. 3).
Boulder came in at No. 1, for the curious minds.
Editor’s note: This ranking was compiled by bestcollegereviews.org and does not reflect the opinion of BTN or any employees.
Get our latest Gone Viral moments:
- Nike releases new training sneakers for four Big Ten schools
- How nice is Northwestern’s new lakeside practice field?
- Watch Jabrill Peppers put strong hands on display
- Watch Penn State RB Saquon Barkley drop jaws in drill
- Watch Illinois AD Josh Whitman own JUGS machine at team practice
Here’s how the Big Ten fared:
No. 2: Ann Arbor, Mich.
No. 3 Madison, Wis.
No. 8: State College, Pa.
No. 9: Iowa City, Iowa
No. 13: Champaign-Urbana, Ill.
No. 25: Minneapolis, Minn.
No. 27: Lincoln, Neb.
No. 33: Lafayette, Ind.*
No. 36: Bloomington, Ind.
No. 49: Lansing, Mich.*
Agree with this list? Who’s too high? Too low?
According to the site, it reached its ranking by considering livability, student-to-resident ratio, cultural offerings, school presence and large employers.
* — The site includes Michigan State in Lansing and Purdue in Lafayette.