Site ranks Ann Arbor No. 2 college town in America
Rankings are always fun. They’re even more fun in the summer, when we need something to debate until the games start. Well, bestcollegereviews.org posted a popular list ranking the best college towns that made its way around social media Thursday, and the Big Ten was all over it. In fact, the Big Ten owned two of the top three towns: Ann Arbor (No. 2) and Madison (No. 3).
Boulder came in at No. 1, for the curious minds.
Editor’s note: This ranking was compiled by bestcollegereviews.org and does not reflect the opinion of BTN or any employees.
Get our latest Gone Viral moments:
- Yes, Michigan State’s Tom Izzo subscribes to the 5-second rule
- 2017 Big Ten football uniform rankings: Penn State tops the list
- Watch Penn State RB Saquon Barkley power-clean 405 pounds
- Watch former Wisconsin RB Melvin Gordon show off explosion in gym
- Watch Tom Brady sumo wrestle on vacation in Beijing
Here’s how the Big Ten fared:
No. 2: Ann Arbor, Mich.
No. 3 Madison, Wis.
No. 8: State College, Pa.
No. 9: Iowa City, Iowa
No. 13: Champaign-Urbana, Ill.
No. 25: Minneapolis, Minn.
No. 27: Lincoln, Neb.
No. 33: Lafayette, Ind.*
No. 36: Bloomington, Ind.
No. 49: Lansing, Mich.*
Agree with this list? Who’s too high? Too low?
According to the site, it reached its ranking by considering livability, student-to-resident ratio, cultural offerings, school presence and large employers.
* — The site includes Michigan State in Lansing and Purdue in Lafayette.