Former Nebraska baseball star Alex Gordon smacked a home run Saturday on Nebraska Night at Kaufman Stadium, and to celebrate he led the red-clad Royals fans in a “Go Big Red” chant during his postgame on-field interview.
Get our latest Gone Viral moments:
- Video: Meet Jake Scheid, Northwestern football’s ‘Wildcat Warrior’
- Photos: Block ‘M’ & Rock on Michigan campus get Michigan State makeover
- Photos: Nebraska baseball team closes fall in Halloween costumes
- Photo: Alex Gordon featured on World Series Game 1 program
- Photo: Nebraska RB Ameer Abdullah, made out of pumpkins
The Huskers fans, of course, responded with a loud “Go Big Red!”
“I’m sure all the Kansas and Missouri fans loved that,” Gordon said.
Gordon, a Nebraska football fan, ended his interview with this:
“Well, I usually can’t wait for football season, to go tailgating with the Husker fans, but this is pretty cool, too,” he said of the playoff atmosphere at Kaufman Stadium.
Look at all the red there!
|About Brent Yarina||BTN.com senior editor Brent Yarina covers football and men’s basketball for BTN.com. He writes the popular uniform feature “Clothes Call,” which also focuses on the latest cosmetic changes across Big Ten arenas and stadiums. Read all of his work here. You can subscribe to Yarina’s RSS feed and follow him on Twitter @BTNBrentYarina.|