Former Nebraska baseball star Alex Gordon smacked a home run Saturday on Nebraska Night at Kaufman Stadium, and to celebrate he led the red-clad Royals fans in a “Go Big Red” chant during his postgame on-field interview.
Get our latest Gone Viral moments:
- GIF: Solomon Vault’s facemask keeps getting in the way on the sideline
- Video: Jalin Marshall scores four touchdowns in second half vs. Indiana
- Video: Nebraska’s Nate Gerry returns blocked field goal for touchdown
- Kaminsky has great convo with the guard who almost dunked on him
- Video: Tecmo Bowl Version of Melvin Gordon’s NCAA record rushing day
The Huskers fans, of course, responded with a loud “Go Big Red!”
“I’m sure all the Kansas and Missouri fans loved that,” Gordon said.
Gordon, a Nebraska football fan, ended his interview with this:
“Well, I usually can’t wait for football season, to go tailgating with the Husker fans, but this is pretty cool, too,” he said of the playoff atmosphere at Kaufman Stadium.
Look at all the red there!
|About Brent Yarina||BTN.com senior editor Brent Yarina covers football and men’s basketball for BTN.com. He writes the popular uniform feature “Clothes Call,” which also focuses on the latest cosmetic changes across Big Ten arenas and stadiums. Read all of his work here. You can subscribe to Yarina’s RSS feed and follow him on Twitter @BTNBrentYarina.|