Tuesday, Big Ten Network starts a three-week search for Big Ten superfans from the New York tri-state area for the most creative and inspired “selfies” taken in front of iconic New York and New Jersey locations. The lucky winners will receive prize packages, including a trip to the 2014 Big Ten Football Championship Game or the 2015 Big Ten Men’s Basketball Tournament.
The BTN selfie campaign celebrates the hundreds of thousands of Big Ten fans in the area who will welcome Rutgers and the University of Maryland into the Big Ten Conference on July 1.
BTN will select winners by June 26 for six individual prizes, including:
- Two tickets to the 2014 Big Ten Football Championship Game in December in Indianapolis, including airfare + two nights’ hotel and ground transportation
- A weekend trip for two people to the BTN Big 10K and 5K race and Tailgate, which is July 26 in Chicago. The prize includes airfare + two nights’ hotel and VIP access/entry to event
- A pair of all-session tickets to the 2015 Big Ten Men’s Basketball Tournament in Chicago
- A 50” flat-screen television
- A football autographed by the head coach of the school of the winner’s choice
- A basketball autographed by the head coach of the school of the winner’s choice
All selfie entries will be judged on:
- Expression of Big Ten pride – 50 percent
- Showcasing iconic NYC/NJ locations in the background – 40 percent
- Creativity – 10 percent
Contest participants can now upload their entries. To qualify, all submissions/selfies must be received by 11:59pm EDT on June 26th. To enter, fans must post a selfie to their public Facebook, Twitter or Instagram account showcasing their unique fandom for their favorite Big Ten school while creatively incorporating a New York or New Jersey theme. When uploaded, the selfie must include the hashtag #ThinkB1GNY to qualify.
Official contest rules can be found at http://btn.com/thinkb1g-rules/
About BTN: A joint venture between the Big Ten Conference and Fox Networks, BTN is the first internationally distributed network dedicated to covering one of the premier collegiate conferences in the country. With more than 800 events, all in HD, the 24/7 network is the ultimate destination for Big Ten fans and alumni across the country, allowing them to see their favorite teams, regardless of where they live. BTN2Go is the 24/7 simulcast of BTN that delivers live and on-demand programming via the internet, smartphones and tablets to customers of participating video providers. Events include football, men’s and women’s basketball games; dozens of Big Ten Olympic sports and championship events; studio shows; and classic games. Original programming highlights activities and accomplishments of some of the nation’s finest universities. The groundbreaking Student U initiative provides real-world experience for students interested in careers in sports television. The network is in more than 52 million homes across the United States and Canada, including carriage by all the major video distributors, such as DIRECTV, DISH, Verizon FiOS, AT&T U-Verse, Charter Communications, Comcast Xfinity, Time Warner Cable, Cablevision, Cox Communications, Mediacom, RCN, WOW!, Rogers Cable, Shaw and Shaw Direct (Canada) and approximately 300 additional video providers across North America.For additional information, go to www.BTN.com.