The comparison game: B1G draft hopefuls to pros
The NFL draft is quickly approaching – May 8-10, to be exact – and it looks like there could be plenty of Big Ten love in the first round. We have all heard the names like Taylor Lewan, Darqueze Dennard and Ryan Shazier. We know their strengths, and we know their weaknesses.
But, which current NFL players do draft experts compare these incoming rookies to?
Here’s what BTN NFL draft guru Russ Lande says.
1. Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan
Comparison: Nate Solder, New England Patriots
2. Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State
Comparison: Sean Smith, Kansas City Chiefs
3. Bradley Roby, CB, Ohio State
Comparison: Janoris Jenkins, St. Louis Rams
4. Ryan Shazier, OLB, Ohio State
Comparison: Zach Brown, Tennessee Titans
5. Ra’Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota
Comparison: Calais Campbell, Arizona Cardinals
6. Chris Borland, LB, Wisconsin
Comparison: James Harrison, Free Agent
7. Carlos Hyde, RB, Ohio State
Comparison: Toby Gerhart, Jacksonville Jaguars
8. Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana
Comparison: Rod Streater, Oakland Raiders
9. Stanley Jean-Baptiste, CB, Nebraska
Comparison: Brandon Browner, New England Patriots
10. Allen Robinson, WR, Penn State
Comparison: Andre Johnson, Houston Texans