Bardo: Top returning Big Ten basketball players

Big Ten Network college hoops analyst Stephen Bardo was a guest on today’s edition of #BTNLive, where he announced his picks for the top five returning Big Ten basketball players. Sure, it’s a little early, but after another outstanding Big Ten hoops season, we always love the chance to look ahead.

Here’s a look at who made Bardo’s list:

[ MORE: Role playing: One ultimate 2014 Big Ten hoops roster ]

5. Branden Dawson, Michigan State

4. Yogi Ferrell, Indiana

3. Terran Petteway, Nebraska

2. Caris LeVert, Michigan

1. Frank Kaminsky, Wisconsin

This is a solid list and certainly shows that we should be in for another outstanding year of Big Ten hoops next season.

What do you think, Big Ten fans?

Find out more about: , , ,

negele on 4/21/2014 @ 8:51pm EST Said:

Replace Dawson with Denzel Valentine.
Dawson’s offensive game is limited while Valentine has better all around skills and if he matures, he could be their best player.
Petteway is too one dimensional.
He is sloppy with the ball and cannot create for others.
My five would be Valentine, Ferrell, Sam Dekker (if he plays aggressive), Kaminsky and Levert.

buci01 on 4/21/2014 @ 9:11pm EST Said:

Apparently Your vision isn’t good enough to see Shannon Scott at,”The Ohio State University” !!!

John on 4/21/2014 @ 10:14pm EST Said:

What about Aaron White? Oh yeah, I forgot that according to you guys, Iowa isn’t part of the Big 10. Your biased attitude sucks.

P-Dot (@PDot___) on 4/22/2014 @ 12:54am EST Said:

Mitch McGary???

cain on 4/22/2014 @ 1:23am EST Said:

Scott disappears during games more than any of the other players mentioned. And this is pre season so going off from this last year I don’t know how you could seriously include Scott. Dekker and Valentine like Negele posted makes more sense than any returning buckeye. If anyone should go it would be Petteway and slide in Denzel since his all around game is better and not just a scorer.

Bamabuckeye on 4/22/2014 @ 2:36pm EST Said:

I just don’t get Ferrell, never saw anything out of him that would make me want him on my team, Scott may disappear occasionally, but would take him easily over Ferrell. Also, would not put Scott in top 5.

dave claman on 4/22/2014 @ 3:53pm EST Said:

Even though I am a huge Hawk fan. There are no Hawks worthy or your A-list, however the Hawks have a nice slew of B-list guys that will be rockin! Devin Marble graduating is actaully a blessing. He was a little too much of a me-first guy and he took more bad shots than any other player especially at crucial times.

Kyle on 4/22/2014 @ 5:14pm EST Said:

Kaminsky and Dekker #1 and 2.

negele on 4/22/2014 @ 7:42pm EST Said:

Kyle-here’s my beef with Sam Dekker.
We keep hearing how great a shooter he is yet he shoots free throws poorly.
Another problem I have is he disappears for long stretches of games and does very little.
Caris LeVert scores, passes, defends and attacks, qualities Dekker needs to improve at.

rox Blackmer on 4/23/2014 @ 1:45pm EST Said:

Mitch, Mitch, Mitch and Mitch!