Video: Nebraska's Mike Peltz proposes on Senior Night

Mike Peltz will never forget Sunday night. Not only was it his Senior Night at Nebraska, the Huskers reserve also got engaged. Yep, Peltz closed our his Senior Night speech by proposing to his girlfriend, Shelby, at Pinnacle Bank Arena. Hate to spoil the surprise, but she said, “Yes.” Congrats! Watch Peltz’s proposal in this post.

Here’s how Peltz transition to the proposal:

“You all know the rules for tonight, and there’s no sitting or kneeling of any kind. But, but, I got to make an exception real quick,” Peltz said as he walked toward Shelby.

Watch it here:

And here is Peltz’s full Senior Night speech:

About Brent Yarina BTN.com senior editor Brent Yarina covers football and men’s basketball for BTN.com. He writes the popular uniform feature “Clothes Call,” which also focuses on the latest cosmetic changes across Big Ten arenas and stadiums. Read all of his work here. You can subscribe to Yarina’s RSS feed and follow him on Twitter @BTNBrentYarina.

Find out more about: ,

robert gardell on 3/9/2014 @ 9:52pm EDT Said:

I give no respect to Cornhuskers at all. I give the credit to the referees, they knew if Badgers win this game, they probably will get to play in Milwaukee bracket of the NCAA tournament, so referees had to make sure Badgers had no shot at winning.

Kevin Makovicka on 3/10/2014 @ 9:38am EDT Said:

If anything they made it harder for Nebraska to win. The referees gave the badgers a chance to win or else they had no shot to win. Three call at the end of half were not called and all of the badgers big men shouldn’t even be in the game. If anything because they are the badgers they got calls they shouldn’t of gotten! The previous post must be a badger fan! But I do get that because of reputation you get some of those calls.

Don Nelson on 3/10/2014 @ 1:15pm EDT Said:

Where were you? First half, Shields and Petteway were mugged often and nothing called. Are you always such a bad sport, or are you a work in progress?

robert gardell on 3/10/2014 @ 5:00pm EDT Said:

Surprise, surprise, the exact comments, I was excepting to get from my comments, which regret or apologize and Don Nelson, I am Badger fan, who thinks that officials, don’t fell the Badgers especially, when comes down to end and they gave a NCAA a perfect excuse for the Badgers not to be in Milwaukee bracket of NCAA. Badgers should have won in landslide.

John on 3/10/2014 @ 10:48pm EDT Said:

Robert Gardell, you are really a piece of work!! Grow up you big baby!!

robert gardell on 3/11/2014 @ 12:23pm EDT Said:

Again, I knew that is the type of comment, I was excepting. You must also be a piece of work. I am already am an adult and doesn’t change my opinion, one bit.