Petteway, Kaminsky share top Big Ten weekly honor
The Big Ten office released its latest Big Ten Men’s Basketball Players of the Week on Monday, and three players were honored. Nebraska’s Terran Petteway and Wisconsin’s Frank Kaminsky shared Player of the Week honors, while Wisconsin’s Nigel Hayes claimed Freshman of the Week.
Co-Players of the Week: Terran Petteway, Nebraska, G, So.
- Averaged 19.5 points and 4.5 rebounds per game in leading Nebraska to a sweep over Illinois and #9/10 Michigan State
- In the road win at Michigan State, poured in 23 points, including four three-pointers, pulled down five rebounds, handed out two assists and swiped one steal in 38 minutes
- Against Illinois, scored 16 points, corralled four rebounds and tallied one steal in 34 minutes
- Currently ranks second in the Big Ten in scoring at 17.7 points per game, and is averaging 18.1 points per contest during conference play
- Earns his first career Big Ten Player of the Week honor
- Last Nebraska Player of the Week: Shavon Shields (Nov. 11, 2013)
Frank Kaminsky, Wisconsin, C, Jr.
- Averaged 21.0 points and 8.5 rebounds per game in leading Wisconsin to a sweep over Minnesota and #15/18 Michigan
- For the week, shot 60.0 percent (15-of-25) from the field and 91.7 percent (11-of-12) from the free throw line
- In the road win at Michigan, posted his first career double-double with 25 points and 11 rebounds, including four offensive boards
- Against Minnesota, scored 17 points, including a 9-of-9 effort from the free throw line, and corralled six rebounds
- Currently ranks ninth in the Big Ten in rebounding at 6.2 per game and is shooting 54.4 percent from the field, which ranks fourth in the conference
- Earns his second career Big Ten Player of the Week plaudit and second this season
- Last Wisconsin Player of the Week: Frank Kaminsky (Nov. 25, 2013)
Freshman of the Week: Nigel Hayes, Wisconsin, F
- Scored 15 points on 5-of-7 shooting, pulled down four rebounds and swiped two steals in Wisconsin’s win over Minnesota
- In the road victory at #15/18 Michigan, scored four points and tallied two steals
- In Big Ten play, ranks second among all players with a 56.3 field goal percentage and second among freshmen with 10.4 points per game
- Earns his fourth Freshman of the Week honor
- Last Wisconsin Freshman of the Week: Nigel Hayes (Feb. 10, 2014)