Find out more about: ,

JP on 1/10/2014 @ 4:17pm EDT Said:

Nevermind that his team is currently involved in a rape scandal and he once said that hiring assistant coaches would depend on how hot their wife is. Like it or not, Penn State needs someone squeeky clean. Fortunately for Penn State, Louisville hired Petrino back the same week. LOL

Andrew on 1/10/2014 @ 5:13pm EDT Said:

Sour grapes – rape accusations can happen anywhere.

This guy is a Pa. native – strong candidate to keep all the 2014 recruits from going elsewhere

hadley smith on 1/10/2014 @ 6:03pm EDT Said:

JP..Couldn’t agree more. I cant understand that Dienhart thought this was such a great hire. And now, on top of what you mentioned about the rape scandal he was involved in at vandy, he may be called in to testify in this when it comes up for trial. If this happens, how is P St. gonna react. I would think they would have to disassociate themselves from it and Franklin because of what they just went through w/ Sandusky. As much as ppl may bel that Franklin is all that, I think P St is making a terrible mistake in hiring him. They should rethink this and get someone else who has a more reputable reputation. I hope they reconsider.

jerry petersen on 1/10/2014 @ 9:38pm EDT Said:

so he is a pa native. he better win or goodbye.

mark on 1/10/2014 @ 10:44pm EDT Said:

Franklin was on a few short lists for NFL jobs. This may be another short term coach for PSU.

Rob on 1/11/2014 @ 10:33am EDT Said:

I wish we could have kept BOB, but I like this hire.

Bill on 1/11/2014 @ 12:45pm EDT Said:

I wish coach Franklin all the Best!

Brian on 1/11/2014 @ 1:10pm EDT Said:

Who cares let’s party. Excellent Hire.

harry naill on 1/11/2014 @ 6:16pm EDT Said:

He is right about the hot wife. I like him already

David C. on 1/11/2014 @ 9:30pm EDT Said:

Sure the hot wife comment might sound sexist, and I’m sure it was said tongue-in-cheek. However, there is some truth to his comment in that Franklin wants his staff to be populated with coaches who not only have high goals, but are able to achieve those goals. In other words, a man who knows want he wants (a particular woman), and is able to get her, is probably a good candidate for Franklin’s system. Again, type A men who set lofty goals and achieve those goals is what Franklin is after.

Craig Phillips on 1/12/2014 @ 9:42am EDT Said:

Great hire for Penn State and the Big Ten. Loved his press conference and the record of accomplishment that he brings.